Thread: Meet the Lions
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 05:21 PM

Gryffindor Meet the Lions

Come to this thread to meet the Gryffindors! Post your character profiles here! (Please do not RP here)

Example: I give you mine.

Name: Antonio Dumont
Date of Birth: 19 July 2031
Years attended Hogwarts: 2042-2049
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor
Current Hogwarts Staff Position: Muggle Studies Professor
Previous Occupation(s): Model, game show host, pizza deliverer and studio musican (all in the muggle world, of course!)

Eye Color: Dark green
Hair: Brown
Height: 5'11"
Marital Status: Single

Personality:
Antonio tries to make his lessons as interesting as he possibly can and is very open to suggestions. Muggle Studies is a class that can become somewhat redundant at times, so he believes in trying to keep things as interesting as possible. If he can entertain you, he will. He is a very fair person, friendly and open, but he is not someone you would ever want for an enemy as he can be very determined and very vindictive if you cross him. As a teacher, he will take the time to help you if you ask him, and he generally cares about the students and wants to see them learn as much as possible.

Antonio likes to see hands on work in the classroom, and this is another place where your suggestions are welcome. Rather than just discuss things, it's so much more fun to actually do something.

History: Antonio is the first Gryffindor in his family. He comes from a long line of Slytherins and actually understands their viewpoint (even though Gryffindor is his first choice, of course!)

He is a pureblood, attended Hogwarts and was sorted into Gryffindor. His parents are Sebastian and Penelope Dumont. He and his wife Bethany and their 3 year old daughter Antonia Michelle are now back with him. (His wife had been captured by an evil person, but has now returned safely and they are a family once again.) Bethany takes care of Antonia while Antonio is teaching at Hogwarts.

Growing up he never knew anything about the muggle world and through association with some of his muggleborn and halfblood classmates, he came to learn a little bit about what the muggle world was like. He learned more and more about the muggle world and became quite fascinated by it, seeking out muggles deliberately to get to know them better. After graduating at the head of his class he lived in London and New York under the guise of being a muggle himself so that he could study them and learn as much about them as possible while also attending university in both of these cities, always having the intention of one day being able to do something constructive for the wizarding world with that extensive knowledge. And learn he did, and is now here to teach the students of Hogwarts some of the wonderful things that make the muggles unique, so that they too might better understand and appreciate them.

Simply noteworthy:
Antonio has many, many gadgets in his office which he has collected over the years. Many of these things have been given to him by some of his somewhat dubious contacts in the muggle world. Antonio doesn't mind if you play with his toys, just take care not to break them!

Antonio's wife, Bethany, left him shortly after his first term teaching at Hogwarts. However, he has a beautiful 4 year old daughter named Antonia Michelle who lives with him. She is the light of his life.

OOC: Slytherin Fox AKA Linda

Birthday:
July 19, 1986
Profession: Transcriber Typist (recently unemployed)
Favorite HP character: Draco Malfoy

Brief Biography:
I live in Northern California. I'm originally from the Washington, D.C. area (Northern Virginia) and moved here because of a job I had at the time (transfer). Economic times have been hard, and I recently lost my position, but am hoping something else will come along soon. I have many hobbies to give me busy, not only SS, but knitting, scrapbooking, reading, writing and suduko puzzles as well. I like to watch old retro comedies on television, most of which I have never seen.

Snitchseeker:
I've been a member of SS since August of 2006. Not only am I Gryffindor HOH and Muggle Studies Professor, I am also Senior Undersecretary in the Ministry of Magic as well as a Ministry Mod, Fan Club Mod, officer in many fan clubs, Editor of the Yearbook, writer for Seeker of the Snitch and the Daily Prophet, and I run the bingo in WWW. I also enjoy graphics making, and have only gotten in that since I joined the site.