View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Paintbrush
Ravenclaw
SS 100 Triumphant

DIMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harvey Jarvis
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Eleonora Bloom
International Cooperation
Horses Forever! l l Writer for Life l Yearbook alumnus

Woah thanks for all the comments! I really didn't exepct so many... so thanks a lot again, I'm glad you're enjoying it

Anyway, here's the next part to keep you on your toes

----------

Chapter 3

The red and gold scarves blew in the wind as the Gryffindors cheered their players on, ignoring the jeers from the silvery green masses when Ron saved a goal. Draco tried to ignore all the sounds which floated up to him as he circled above the game, his eyes automatically searching roving the skies for the Snitch.

Or at least, that’s what he told himself. He ignored the fact that his gaze seemed drawn in the direction of the stands much too often than it should have been, trying to find the Head Girl.

Her immediate accusation of him wanting her death had shocked him, to say the least. Ever since participating in his first activity for the Dark Lord with his father, which included witnessing an innocent murder, Draco had avoided all conversation, thoughts or even jokes about death. He had forgotten that the Golden Trio knew nothing about his sudden change of heart; only his closest friends had noticed it, as well as his lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming ceremony of receiving the Dark Mark.

A Bludger aimed at his head pushed all thoughts of death from his mind, however, as he dropped low to avoid it and consequently crashed straight into the Gryffindor seeker. Losing their balance completely and, in Draco’s case, also his grip on his broom, they feel to the ground in a tangled heap.

“What were you doing, flying straight into my path?” Harry yelled, getting up first and finding his wand.

“You should have looked where you were flying, I was just trying to save myself some broken b-OUCH!” the Slytherin had also intended to extract his wand, but just as he was pulling it out, another Bludger slammed into his elbow and straight into Harry, who fell to the ground, winded.

The Gryffindor reacted instinctively, disarming the already injured Draco almost immediately after falling to the ground, before his brain had registered that it wasn’t the blond but a Bludger which had attacked him.

“Stop this at once!” Madam Hooch ordered, glaring at both of them as she marched closer at an alarmingly fast pace, followed by a crowd of students and teachers who had no idea what had happened, just that the two seekers had suddenly dropped from the sky like stones.

Draco winced at the throbbing pain in his elbow as he tried to sit up. He vaguely registered the flying instructor telling him to go to the Hospital Wing to mend his arm, and Hermione running up to Harry with a worried look on her face.

Was it just him, or did he see relief there, too, when she saw him push Blaise away and start making his way to the castle on his own?