View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintbrush
Ravenclaw
SS 100 Triumphant

DIMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harvey Jarvis
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Eleonora Bloom
International Cooperation
Default Unlikely Attraction - Sa13+
Horses Forever! l l Writer for Life l Yearbook alumnus

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters or the HP universe - they belong to J.K. Rowling.

Here's a short Dramione fic - hope you enjoy!

Chapter Guide:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Banner created by the wonderful Dee, or Gryffindoll

------------

Chapter 1

“Come on, Hermione you can’t be going to the library again!” Ron complained, frowning at his friend as they left the Great Hall together after lunch.

“Where else am I supposed to go to do my homework, Ron?” she asked him, the frustration visible in her eyes. “The common room isn’t exactly the best place to concentrate in, you know, what with all the Wizarding Chess happening…”

“But that Potions assignment isn’t due for another week!” the redhead exclaimed.

“Which doesn’t mean I can’t get a head start,” she bit back.

“Drop it, Ron,” Harry muttered, his head pounding already from his friends; constant bickering. Unlike him, they never seemed to get tired of it. “She’ll come join us when she’s done… won’t you?”

Hermione looked at the pleading green eyes and nodded. She supposed that she could hurry up with her essay and spend some time with her friends – after all, she hadn’t been doing that nearly enough recently, and Merlin knew she could do with the rest.

“Trouble in Paradise?” a familiar drawl reached them, halting the three Gryffindors in their footsteps. Despite Hermione’s warning glance, neither Harry nor Ron could keep the murderous scowls reserved specially for Draco Malfoy off their faces.

He was provoking them, as usual, but he reveled in the ease with which his words riled up Potter and Weasley. He could never understand how the two could be so hot-headed; in fact, if he were to be honest with himself, he was quite certain that without Granger’s logical voice whispering there common sense back into their heads, he would have gotten them into enough fights and trouble to have them expelled.

“What do you want, Malfoy?” Harry spat.

Draco noticed the wand in the boy’s hand and smirked. He had just proved his point; oh, how he loved to be able to exert such a power and influence over them, and using mere words, too!

Pity that Granger was always around to stop them hexing him and getting themselves into trouble. He heard Blaise’s snigger next to him; yes, his best friend enjoyed this almost as much as he did himself. After all, what Slytherin didn’t enjoy mocking famous Harry Potter?

“Nothing from you, Potter,” Draco shook his head, simultaneously making sure his wand was within reach in his pocket. Just in case.

“Though I could do with a cloth to clean my broomstick… tell me, Weasel, you don’t happen to have any spare robes I could use, do you?”

With a snarl, Ron threw himself at the blond, only to be restrained at the last moment and with great difficulty by a fuming and flushed Hermione.

“I said, drop it,” she tugged at his arm, hard, before turning to the Pureblood. “As for a cloth you could use, why don’t you ask Parkinson, she seems to have loads of small pieces of material. The stuff she wears can hardly qualify as clothing, after all.”

Hermione stared up at him defiantly, and Draco had to fight the sudden unexpected urge to smile at her. He couldn’t deny that she had a point, although he would never in a million years admit to agreeing with the know-it-all Gryffindor out loud. As he looked at her in that moment, however, he couldn’t help noticing that she wasn’t as bad looking as he had always assumed.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head with a sudden frown, Draco felt rather than saw Pansy blushing furiously, her wand already in her hand as the trio turned away from them.

“No,” he whispered, pushing her back. “Drop it.”

He stared after them, his eyes focused on Hermione as he wondered when he had stopped thinking of her as nothing more than a Gryffindor Mudblood.

Last edited by Paintbrush; 08-08-2009 at 10:19 PM.