View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
LunaticLady
Ravenclaw
Jobberknoll

Climbed & Reached 1000!

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just came back from the cinema and have to rant a little. First of all: I thought it was amazing, the best HP movie of all!!

What I liked (in no particular order):
- Slughorn: his amount of screen time, the way he was played, everything
- Harry "high" on Felix: wonderful acting by Dan
- Luna: she had a greater role than in the book!
- The way you sometimes see things from Draco's perspective and feel for him.
- Of course the love potion part was hilarious! Ron's face!
- Bellatrix: I never thought Helena Bonham-Carter was a good choice for the role, but this time she convinced me.
- The sea, and the fire conjured up by Dumbledore in the cave were visually very impressive.
- other scenes that I can't think of right now

What I didn't like:
- The Burrow burning. I agree that it was pointless. And why do they all just stand and watch instead of trying to put it out by magic?
- The part with the Death Eaters in the castle was a little rushed. It should have been longer and more dramatic. Also the confrontation between Harry and Snape when the DEs are fleeing should have been longer!!!!
- Ginny accompanying Harry to the ROR and kissing him there

EDIT: Another complaint would be that the movie simply isn't long enough to tell all the storylines it is trying to tell. In other words: It should have been made in two parts like Deathly Hallows. Harry's obsession with trying to find out what Malfoy was up to and the mystery of who is the Half-Blood Prince, it was all there, but not enough of it. The connections weren't made clear. Also I think many scenes were only understandable for people who read the book - and they should be understandable from the film alone, which means the film would have to be longer.
I Repeat: I liked the movie, it lived up to my expectations in some points, even surpassed them in others. I just would have liked to see more of a film, that illustrates my favourite HP book in a way that, in my opinion captures the mood of the book very well.

Last edited by LunaticLady; 07-20-2009 at 09:04 PM.
LunaticLady is offline   Reply With Quote