View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
majik_one
Members
Bundimun

Well...

I was EXTREMLEY disappointed by this movie. As a movie, it wasn't good and as a book adaptation, it was simply terrible. I felt like I was at a test screening. The movie was so choppy and the editing was terrible. If you hadn't read the book, there is NO WAY you could understand what's supposed to be happening. I had high expectations for this film, especially after the last one and how good the actors were becoming, but they ALL fell flat. And seriously, Narcissa? The entire scene all I could think about was "Oh my God, what is wrong with this woman's face?!" And that doesn't even begin to cover how I felt about her acting skills.

Back to the choppiness. Okay, so they delayed the movie eight months so it could sit on the shelf and collect dust right? Because they obviously didn't do anything to fix that. Plus, they had that time to fix all the terrible acting scenes. My biggest disappointment: Snape. There was no emotion in his ending scene. He just walked up to Harry and told him flat out he was the Half-Blood Prince, kicked Harry's wand out of his hand, and walked away, cloak billowing as usual, looking like a greasy, stringy bat. Whew!

I HATED the Ginny/Harry relationship in the movie. It was forced, rushed and poorly acted in my opinion. Plus, WTF was up with the pie scene? "Open up you." ?!?!?!?! TERRIBLE SCRIPTING. Ron/Hermione relationship ... a BIT better.

I almost missed Hagrid in this movie, as there was so little of him. Plus, what was up with the Katie scene? He just shows up out of nowhere, says some crap line with no emotion, picks her up, says some other crap line, and that's about it for Hagrid. Oh, and seriously, WHY DID THEY BURN DOWN THE BURROW?! That entire scene was just lame. They could have cut that out and put in Dumbledorre's funeral.

They didn't put enough important stuff in this movie. Harry has basically nothing to go on about the horcruxes, no idea where they are, let alone WHAT they are.

Okay, I think I'll talk about some of the things I actually did like. Draco. About the only character that developed fully for me. Tom did a FANTASTIC job this time round and I really felt it. Bellatrix. Helana Bonham-Carter is a wonderful actress and it was nice to see just how crazy Bellatrix really is. Although I really didn't get why she randomly lit Hagrid's hut on fire then jumped up and down cheering. I guess she just likes distruction.

The very last bit of the movie was pretty good for me. Dumbledorre's death was very well done and, yes, I did cry and snotted all over myself. I didn't really like McGonagall in this movie though. Mind you, I didn't really like anyone in this movie. Everyone felt fake, and because the scene's didn't transition very well (or at all) I was confused the entire length of the film.

The cave scene was pretty good. The inferi were okay, not great though. At first glance they just looked like Gollum clones going after Harry. I would have liked Dumbledorre to be more out of it and scream at the top of his lungs in agony. It would have been much more powerful. Although, he did do a good job.

Anyway, I can't give a rating right now. I'll have to watch it again to try to wrap my brain around it. Oh, and ignore the book like the producers do.

Edit: I expect a SERIOUS make-up for this with Deathly Hallows
majik_one is offline   Reply With Quote