View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
AndromedaBlack
Hufflepuff
Gnome

Default *spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers*

Well, yes. Overall, I think this film was far FAR better than Order of the Phoenix. It was the best one, and David Yates did me proud, which is good, as I didn't think much of him after the mess he made of Order of the Phoenix.

Well, I'm going to comment on the things that I actually remember. Mostly on characters because there's too much of the movie to do it scene by scene.

Draco Malfoy - He was one of the best portrayed characters in the entire movie. Tom really did me proud, here. More so than in the other movies. I love the way that throughout the movie, Draco was always lurking behind corners and looking scared stiff of what he had to do. I really felt sorry for him, and I believed Tom's performance throughout. The end scenes with Draco were really powerful - he just looked so frightened, and you can tell that his heart was really not into killing. But he knew that he had to do it because of the Dark Lord. I cried when he did - I love Draco so much and it was so emotional. I can't really say anything bad about Draco - he was perfect in my opinion.

But what about his MOTHER!?!?!?!

Narcissa Malfoy - I was right. She was truly awful. I wouldn't say that the acting was bad - the acting was a lot better than I expected, but her hair just made me look past that. She really did look terrible - what Malfoy has BLACK and blonde!? Blonde was fine, Warner Brothers! Blonde was CORRECT. I also wanted her to sob more at Snape's feet like in the book - is it me, or in Spinner's end, did she look like she could hardly care less? This was her son that could have died, and I only saw, what, one tear?

Severus Snape - Alan is amazing! He can honestly do no wrong, especially in the Astronomy tower and Spinners End scenes! He paused in all the right places, and I could actually believe that he was feeling reluctant to the unbreakable vow. You can just see it on his face. I wish there was more of Sev - I would have liked to see him teach a Defence Against the Dark Arts class, but I suppose what we have is so brilliant that it doesn't really matter. Quality, not quantity. I also adore the way that he and Bellatrix show hostility towards eachother. It was exactly the way I'd imagined it. I could tell that Sev was annoyed when Bella was going around and touching everything. Haha.

Which brings me to the most wonderful character and actress in the whole movie...

Bellatrix Lestrange - What can I say? THANK YOU HELEN MCCRORY FOR GETTING PREGNANT. Helena can seriously do NO WRONG when it comes to playing Bellatrix. (Or anyone else, for that matter). Spinners End - perfect. Bella going around and touching everything was so funny! And it is such at Bella-ish thing to do. Seriously. Her facial expressions were spot on, and I could tell that she really was crazy. I'm so pleased that she got more lines this time. I can't get enough Bella! The Burrow scene was fantastic - but her breathing did freak me out a bit! I would NOT have wanted to be Harry just then...when she was hiding behind the grass. I seriously love her, and everything bad the happened was caused by her! Eg. Burning down of the Weasley's house AND Hagrid's hut! And destroying the great hall. Draco just looked like "Aunt Bella, please stop now, you're kinda scaring me" HAHA! When she was on the Astronomy Tower, she kinda scared me when she yelled at Draco lmao. But you gotta love her. But...is it me, or did she sound slightly cockney? XD

Horace Slughorn - I've always been a fan of Jim Broadbent, especially after I saw 'Moulin Rouge'. He is a great Horace and Jim is actually exactly how I pictured him. The only thing that dissapointed me was that there wasn't enough meetings that involved the Slug Club, and I think he was drunk more times than he was sober. lmao. It was so cute when he gave the memory; when Harry was holding his hand, it touched me. And the way he spoke about Harry's mother. It was clear that he really cared about Lily.

Hagrid - Not enough of him, but it was HILARIOUS when he was drunk. Robbie acted it so well. I just wish there was more of him. I think David Yates does fail on Hagrid scenes. He was never in OOTP, either...even though he was away, but still.

Dumbledore and Harry - Well the movie was all about them. Don't hate me, but they are two of my least favourite characters. However, I think the relationship between the two of them was superbly acted, and I actually did tear up when Dumbledore was drinking the potion and begging Harry to make it stop. Micheal did himself proud in this film, as to be honest, I wasn't keen on him in the previous three films. I had always preferred Richard. The let down about this was that the memory scenes weren't...bulky enough. It was basically, "Come in. Here's the memory. Go away now" The lack of conversation at the beginning and the middle of the movie dissapointed me. It was the end where I really started to appreciate the acting from Dan and Micheal.

Ron/Lavender/Hermione - Lavender REALLY got on my nerves! And it was blantantly obvious throughout the whole movie that Ron and Hermione belonged together! I know it was all in the book, but it was made so obvious that it was really starting to annoy me. Jessie Cave didn't do a bad job, but I really really REALLY wanted to shoot Lavender in the head by the end of it. Emma's acting, however, was brilliant. A lot better than in the other movies, and I'm pretty sure her eyebrows didn't twitch once. XD Ron was just...Ron...perfectly acted by Rupert and exactly how I expected Ron to act.

Harry/Ginny - Everything but the kiss was really touching. The kiss was dissapointing. It lasted one second and that was it. Harry and Cho's kiss was better than that, and I actually prefer Harry/Ginny to Harry/Cho. The chemistry was good, but the kiss could have been a great deal better.

Other stuff -

Remus/Tonks! Where was that!? Tonks called him 'sweetheart' once! And those who hadn't read the book would be like "How the hell did that happen!?"

Lucius Malfoy - I was really expecting to see a picture of him in Azkaban. I had been looking forward to that and never got it!

Dumbledore's death - was really good. It made me cry and I hate Dumbledore. I can't fault it, it couldn't have been any better.

The ending - was the worst part. I was expecting so much more! It just randomly ended and I was like '"Is that it?" But oh well.

Overall, I rate the film 4/5. I've seen it twice and I really want to see it again! Best film out of the lot, despite it's bad points.

Last edited by AndromedaBlack; 07-16-2009 at 09:53 AM.
AndromedaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote