Thread: Adventure: The Tale of Two - Sa16+
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 04:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
princess of*hp*
Ravenclaw
Hinkypunk

Graduated

Diagon Alley Employee:
Amadeus Alfred Kipling
Owl Post Office Assistant
x7
Lady Lem|DJ Melfoy|Braedeus ♥ Stumble|Bebé Melón|B2|Andee & Melsse|Melephone

Ch 4
The workweek passed much the same as Monday had. Hermione, Harry, and Ron sent many letters to Agyness, continuously warning her about her mentor. Agyness and Draco dueled everyday, Draco winning every time until finally, Agyness beat him on Friday. Draco was silent for most of the week, not speaking unless giving Agyness pointers or complimenting her skills. Other than that, he was as personable as a rock.

It was Saturday morning, and the sun blazed through the silk-curtained window in Agyness’s bedroom. The night before, Agyness had pondered about Draco’s drastic behavior change. How could a person go from being flirtatious one day to being downright surly for the rest of the week? However, this morning Agyness had only one thing on her mind: a girl’s day out with Luna. Luna Lovegood had been one of her best friends at Hogwarts, seeing as they had both been in the same year, in Ravenclaw, and semi-loners. It was through Luna that Agyness met Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, and so many others.

After Agyness dressed herself, she examined her body from head to toe in the mirror. She scrutinized her skinny jeans, high-topped white Converse, and purple v-neck tee. She did this every time before she and Luna got together. Agyness felt in someway overdressed when they hung out. Maybe it was because of Luna’s eccentric sense of style. After brushing her long, chocolate brown hair and positioning her bangs, there was a ‘pop!’ in the corner of the bedroom. Agyness turned to see Luna sitting cross-legged on her bed, wearing a long, brown peasant skirt, a lime-green, sequined tank top, leather sandals, and Ray Ban sunglasses. Her long, blond hair fell down her back almost to her waist. “Nice way to make a grand entrance,” Agyness remarked jokingly, grabbing her black, leather messenger bag and slinging it over her shoulder. “Thank you,” Luna replied with a smile on her face, making a curtsey. “So, where exactly are we going?” Agyness inquired as Luna rose from the mattress. “Hogsmeade, of course…” Luna answered, “The perfect place to spend the day. Food and entertainment all in one. Much better than a Muggle place, at least…” Agyness laughed, remembering when she had taken Luna to a shopping mall and how she had hated it. Luna wondered why nobody wore cloaks or pointed hats, why the mannequins didn’t move, and why the animals in the pet shop didn’t spit fire or speak English.

After Agyness finished her sniggering, she and Luna apparated to the Main Street of Hogsmeade. It was already beginning to fill with witches and wizards of young and old. “Where should we begin?” Agyness asked, staring around the familiar yet now foreign place. “The joke shop, of course!” Luna immediately answered. She linked arms with Agyness and they began to trot down the cobbled street.
-----
“C’mon, Blaise. What do you have to lose?” Draco persuaded from across the wooden table. He was sitting across a table from his former crony, Blaise Zabini, in The Three Broomsticks. Blaise was the one who had given Hermione false information about Macnair’s whereabouts by telephone. Blaise was responsible for leading Harry, Ron, and Hermione on a wild goose chase for Macnair. Draco had gotten together with Blaise for one reason: to find out Macnair’s real whereabouts and tell Harry, Ron, and Hermione. The only thing was, Draco had to try to make Blaise believe that he was still on the dark side and trying to help Macnair.

“I’ve told you already, Draco,” Blaise began after taking a swig of his second firewhiskey, “No one trusts you after you’ve gone all goodie-two-shoes, working for the Ministry and with that Muggle-loving scum. Either way, why do you care where Macnair, the ‘crazed ex-Death Eater who has been on the loose for three years’,” He raised his fingers to quote a recent newspaper article, “is hiding out at?” “Because,” Draco began, sipping some of his own firewhiskey, “I can help him. You know how many estates that I inherited from my parents, all scattered across the globe. Instead of hiding out in a cave, he can hide out in any one of my manors. Friends don’t let friends evade the law without doing it in style.” Draco smirked, hoping Blaise would take the bait. “Well… still, I don’t know,” Blaise began to rise from his seat, slightly tipsy from the heavy liquor.

“Tell you what,” Draco began, trying to rise with him nonchalantly, “Why don’t I prove to you that I’m still on your side.” Blaise widened his gaze, listening intently. “Um… okay,” Blaise spoke, taken off guard, “I’ll get back to you on that.” Blaise turned to unsteadily wobble out of the pub, still pondering about what evil he was going to force Draco to do.

Draco stood in silence for a minute, wondering if he had done the right thing. “Is it worth risking my own neck for the sake of capturing Macnair?” He thought, as he strolled to the door. Before pushing the great wooden door open, he caught a glimpse of Blaise on the sidewalk. Draco stepped away from the door and closer to the dirt-rimmed window in order to get a better look.