View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
harita
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
isabella Macmillan
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laura Thomas
International Cooperation

the second part for the day's post...

Where Does She Belong???

A dwarf for a professor came up with 2 stools and a ragged hat on one of them hovering behind them. He placed stool with the hat on it in the middle of the stage and climbed on to other which sent quite a few ripples of giggling and laughter through the Hall. The professor cleared his throat and spoke, “we will begin with the sorting. Like every year we sort the first year students in any one of the four houses here in Hogwarts. However this time we have a foreign student to be sorted out first who will be taking NEWTs with us this year. So Miss Sara Mehra will you come here please,” The students from the tables looked at her.
Sara looked at Hagrid who gave a nod and she drew her breath. She was still thinking about the headmistress’ speech and she hardly saw when the dwarf professor came in and called out her name. She squared her shoulders and walked straight towards the stage and climbed the stairs and reached the stool where the sorting hat was lying. She looked at McGonagall and gave a slight nod as Professor Flitwick bent to take the hat off the stool so that Sara could sit on it. As soon as she sat Flitwick placed the hat. And the hat spoke:

“hmm…
Your heart of gold,
Your nature so bold,
You have seen so much when you were seventeen years old,
Fear doesn’t rein your heart,
So Gryffindor welcomes you when Hogwarts starts”

As soon as Gryffindor’s name was spoken the table in far corner on the left of the Hall burst into loud and buoyant clapping. Sara got up slightly shaken, “how did this hat know what she has gone through the past year,” she thought as she watched the hat being taken from her head. She shook her head gave a small nod and a smile to Professor Flitwick and McGonagall and got down and walked towards the Gryffindor table and the claps somehow intensified as she reached the table. Derek scooted a side to let her sit and for once she gave in and sat beside him rolling her eyes which made Fiona scowl at Derek but she heartily congratulated Sara. Ginny who was at the beginning of the table bent back to see Sara as she sat beside Derek and she gave thumbs up which Sara accepted with a smile. She felt like she was first year once again and remembered about the first time she got on to the stage in her old school to get sorted

The names went on and then Beig Ali, this guy stepped up stumbling a bit but then he was alright ‘RED HOUSE” shouted the hat and the far left table burst into claps. Ali got down and then left to join the table. Then came after sometime Mehra Sara, Sara went on to the dais before turning her back to the principal to sit on the stool she looked at him and then nodded and sat down. The headmaster looked at her for a while and then smiled as if he remembered something and shook his head. “RED HOUSE” shouted the hat again there was loud clapping this time louder then the last time. She got up slowly and walked towards the table.
In the beginning of the table there was the red house flag. The flag was red in color with a golden eagle on it. She had noticed that every table had a flag. She went and sat beside Ali. He smiled at her shyly and nodded his head.

You are so witty,
You like dressing up glitzy,
Power of knowledge holds you in awe,
So go ahead and become a member of Ravenclaw.

With that the 3rd table from left busted into loud claps as they welcomed their first year student. The sorting went on and on till the last one was sorted in Slytherin. After the sorting was over Professor Flitwick took the stools and the hat away while the headmistress came ahead once again and said, “let the feast begin!”

Soon the plates in front of them filled with scrumptious dinner and the students hungrily dug in. Ginny immediately landed on the seat next to Fiona facing Sara as the dinner plopped on their table.
“so Sara you are Gryffindor. I must say Ron will be very pleased,” said Ginny and Sara nodded as she served herself some roasted tomatoes and boiled potatoes.
“hey there head girl,” called a voice from Fiona’s other side
“hey there captain!” said Ginny, “congrats,” she said
“yeah thanks,”
“so how’s your mother feeling now?” asked Ginny
“oh she is taking a lot of time to pull herself up again after dad passed away,” said Demelza.
“oh”
“but I think she will move on,” she said, “anyways how’s Ron?”
“we feel really bad for Fred. It must have been difficult for Gorge and Ron was sort off,” she trailed off
“Ron’s doing well Demelza and so is Gorge, Ron will soon be helping Gorge at WWW” assured Ginny.
“that’s great!” piped in Jimmy who was sitting beside Derek all this while he listened to Ginny. Ginny continued to tell what Harry and Hermione have planned to do.
“oh yeah Demelza when is quidditch try outs taking place?” asked Ginny
“soon I was thinking of this coming Saturday, what say?”
“oh that will be great,” said Ginny
“Sara you are going to take part,” said Ginny
“sorry?” asked Sara as she was hardly listening to Ginny and busy quietly eating her dinner. Demelza, Jimmy, Fiona and Derek looked at Sara immediately.
Demelza and Jimmy who hadn’t noticed her till now looked at her and gave a small smile and Sara returned back.
“um…Ginny I am not sure. Actually I need to talk to headmistress about some work and I think I won’t be able to make it for quidditch,” said Sara apologetically
“I don’t know. I am not going to let you waste your talent like that,” said Ginny and Sara just shook her head and continued eating. After the dinner was over Ginny left along with Jimmy Peaks who was the Gryffindor prefect to help the first years.
“Sara you go ahead with Fiona and Derek I will come to the Gryffindor tower before going back to my common room” at which Fiona and Derek looked at Ginny incredulously
“yeah sure,” said Sara

that's for today...have a nice day:-)

Last edited by harita; 04-09-2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Some Changes Made