View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
harita
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
isabella Macmillan
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laura Thomas
International Cooperation

NOTE: hello everybody...here's today's post...we will have couple of new characters one will be Derek Bell(Katie Bell's brother) and Fiona Boham(note: both these characters are new...they were not mentioned anywhere in the books),Wayne Hopkins(i think he was mentioned somewhere...) so here it is...
~~~~~~~~

Hogwarts Here They Come!

On September 1st the girls were waken up by Hermione, “Ginny, wake up, your mum says breakfast’s ready,”
“Sara, girl you are getting late,” she said shaking Sara and she woke with a start
“Hermione don’t wake me up like that”, said Sara rubbing her eyes
“Honestly wake up both of you. Its already 8!”
“oh dear, we are dead,” said Ginny getting up and hurried towards the bathroom while Sara set her camp bed aside folded neatly and took her clothes for the journey out and put her trunk and bag ready near the foot of Ginny’s bed along with her luggage. The girls got dressed within an hour and they hurried down for the breakfast and had to deal with Molly’s anger.
“Ginerva Weasley and Sara Mehra what do you think you are doing getting up so late! Do you want to miss your train! Ginny you have turned out to be worst than Ron!”
“mum calm down,” said Ron who was enjoying the scene seeing his sister get scolding instead of him. Ginny shot daggers at him when he chuckled while Sara softly muttered her apology and began gulping down her breakfast.
They heard a distant sound of an engine.
“Your dad’s ready Ginny, fast, hurry up,” told Molly
Sara and Ginny quickly got their luggage out of the house with help of LOCOMOTRUNK spell.
As they set their luggage in the boot of the car they got in the car. Everyone of them were coming to see the girls off.
They reached the Kings Cross station by 10:15. Sara was in awe with the Gothic façade of the building. They hurried towards the platform 9 and three quarters.
“ok Ginny you and Harry lead the way,” said Mr.Weasley and they immediately went through the barrier between 9 and 10 platforms. Hermione and Ron followed them whereas Molly took Sara along with her. Sara was amazed by the entrance. As soon as she entered platform 9 and three quarters she saw a thick crowd of black cloaks swishing around here and there. This reminded her of the station Victoria Terminus in Bombay where every year she saw dark grey cloaked people covering the entire platform. It too had a typical Victorian façade.
“Sara come on,” said Ginny and Sara pushed her trolley towards the big steaming red Hogwarts Express. They got on to the train and put their luggage in the luggage carrier at the end of the compartment and got down to meet the Weasley family again.
“ok Sara and Ginny, all set?” asked her dad
“yes dad,” she said and hugged him, “good. Take care of yourself,” he said as he hugged her and kissed her forehead.
“bye mum,”
“bye Ginny,” she hugged her with bone crushing energy as usual
“mum let her breathe,” said Ron
Meanwhile Sara talked to Mr. Weasley while Ginny was wishing everyone goodbye
“ok then Sara, nice meeting you,” said Ron as she went to talk to Hermione and Ron
“nice meeting you too Ron”. Ron seemed to have come out of his embarrassment about the cookie jar and maroon pajama incident and was almost normally behaving with Sara.
“Sara, Ginny and you keep in touch through owl post,” said Hermione
“we will”
“oh dear… Ginny and Harry will you guys stop your public display of affection,” said Ron
“oh yeah, what about you and Hermione in Florean Fortescue’s Ice cream Parlor?” said Ginny
“Ginny well you see we didn’t have cameras facing us then,” said Hermione hesitantly and Mr. Weasley got infuriated and Ginny and Harry were stunned as they turned back and camera was right on to their faces.
“what the hell do you think are you doing!” barked Arthur , “give that to me now” but the photographer ran away
“oh dear,” said Harry
“Ginny and Harry be careful next time,” hissed Arthur
“sorry Mr. Weasley, sorry dad,” said Ginny and Harry. Molly was shocked and she couldn’t react.
“oh dear my children’s lives have become a public display,” thought Molly
Ron glared at Harry and he just looked away while Hermione nudged Ron to stop looking at Harry like that.
“ok girls better get on the train, it will leave soon,” said Arthur Weasley still in an angry voice.
“ok bye Harry, nice to meet you,” said Sara
“nice to meet you too and I hope you try out for quidditch,” said Harry
“and we hope you get in to Gryffindor,” said Ron
“Ron…” said Hermione exasperatedly while Sara just laughed. The whistle blew and the steam puffed out off the chimney, Sara and Ginny got on to the train as it started to move and waved back to the Weasley family, Hermione and Harry.
“hey Sara why don’t you take a compartment while I head towards the prefect compartment,” said Ginny
“um…sure,” said Sara. Sara found an empty compartment and got herself settled near the window. She began to read the book Jinxes for the Jinxed. It was already an hour up when Ginny entered the compartment followed by a long blonde haired, dreamy eyed, radish ear rings girl with Quibbler in her hands.
“hey,” said Sara
“hey there Sara,” said Ginny
“how was your first briefing to the prefects?” asked Sara
“great. Sara this is my best friend Luna Lovegood,” said Ginny
“oh hi, Luna,” said Sara
“Luna, our new companion and new student for 7th year, Sara Mehra,” said Ginny
“hello Sara,” she said with a dreamy voice
“Luna is prefect for her house, the Ravenclaw,” said Ginny as she sat down
Ginny and Luna chatted continuously while Sara listened to them and was nothing but bemused at Luna’s eccentric ideas and so called facts about magical creatures and plants. Ginny realized that Sara was not able to control her bemusement about Luna and her talk and all she could do was smile. During the afternoon the trolley came in and the girls took something to eat when Sara asked Ginny, “Ginny by the way who the head boy is this year?”
“Ralph Yaxely a Slytherin,” said Ginny
Sara snapped her head up at listening to Yaxely’s name.
“Yaxley! He is a death eater,” said Sara
“yeah, his dad is but right now he is in Azkaban,” said Luna
“Ginny you better be careful,” said Sara and Ginny nodded as she managed to pop a chocolate frog in her mouth. Just then the door opened and Ginny found her class mates and her friends standing in front of her.

“Derek,” called Ginny
“hey there head girl,” said Derek with a cheeky grin and turned his head towards the other window and saw Sara and was stunned.
“hey Ginny, hey Luna”, said another Blonde headed girl
“hey Fiona,” said Luna
“Sara, this is Derek Bell and this is Fiona Bonham,” said Ginny, “they are my classmates”
“nice meeting you Derek, Fiona,” said Sara and Derek just snapped out of his shocked state.
“guys she is a new student Sara. She will be studying with us,” said Ginny looking at Derek’s shocked expression. She giggled silently as she knew Derek very well. He somehow always had a crush at every new girl he saw but mostly the blondes as he had a soft corner for them but Ginny was surprised to see Derek staring at a raven headed girl.
“oh hi Sara, um…nice name,” said Derek and sat beside Ginny and she looked at him with a raised eyebrow while Sara behaved as if she didn’t hear anything.
“so Ginny how’s your head girl duties going on?” asked Fiona
“oh they were just good”
“is Yax…” started off Derek but he was cut off
“yes Derek Yaxely is the head boy,” said Ginny in an exasperated tone.
“what is with these people for Slytherin heads, I don’t understand,” she thought thoroughly irritated.
“Ginny that means you and” started Fiona but she was cut off again
“yes Fiona, Yaxely and I have to share a stupid common room,” in the same exasperated tone
“what is with you guys for Slytherin as heads, I don’t understand?” she said it aloud this time
“what is with Slytherin as head?” said Fiona shocked, “no there is nothing with them being heads but there is a lot more with sharing a same common room with them,” said Fiona in a disgusted voice.
“guys I will just be sharing a common room and not my room!”
“Ginny you alright even with sharing a common room with a death eater’s son?” asked Derek
“Rek…do you think I can do anything about that?”
“yes, you can. Talk to Headmistress about that,” said Fiona
“I am not going to do that,” said Ginny
“guys hold up,” said Luna
“what!” snapped Fiona. Fiona wasn’t too fond of Luna as rest of her school. It was because of Ginny that she sometimes put up with Luna.
“Ginny what does Harry say,” said Luna serenely.
“Harry was a bit paranoid even about thinking of me sharing a common room with a Slytherin but he is fine with it now,” said Ginny
“Fine with it? did he know then that Yaxely is the head boy,” said Derek
“no he doesn’t,” said Ginny
“so he was already paranoid when he thought about it. What do you think will his reaction be now, now that you know that a Slytherin is a head boy and more over it is Yaxely!”
“guys you are over reacting,” said Ginny. Sara on the other hand was just quietly listening to this entire Slytherin as a head boy discussion.
“guys stop it,” said Ginny when Fiona started it again and Sara went back to reading her book.
“hey Ginny why isn’t Ron here?” asked Luna just to change the topic and Ginny knowingly smiled at her and thanked her with her smile.
“well…Ron, Harry and Mione are not returning back. They have given their complementary exam,” said Ginny
“oh,” said Derek, “no doubt Demelza is the captain with you being the head girl,” he continued and Ginny nodded
“and what about others? I mean Lavender, the Patils, Dean and Seamus?” asked Derek casually but Ginny saw Derek go red when he asked about Lavender. Derek was head over heels for Lavender but he was very upset when she used to hang out with Ron 2 years ago.
“Lavender wants to be a reporter for the Witch weekly magazine,” said Fiona
“how do you know that?” asked Derek
“I am her neighbor,” she said casually
“Neighbor? Why didn’t you tell me that before?”
“Why? what would you have done? Would have stayed at my house in the summers to get to talk to her?” said Fiona icily.
“I have no idea about Lavender but yes, Dean, the Patils and Seamus all of them have given the complementary exam and Dean is working out for joining Puddlemere United during this quidditch selection season,” said Ginny
“wow, he should get it,” said Derek
“shouldn’t he?” said Ginny
“why will he not?” said Derek
“Maclaggen,” hissed Ginny
“Cormac!” shrieked Fiona and all 4 of them looked at her in surprise.
“Cormac, is he trying out for United as well?” asked Fiona suddenly all interested in quidditch. Fiona was one person who never liked quidditch. It was too fast, too aggressive and too loud for her. She most of the time would end up in the common room when almost the entire school would be out and cheering their houses to win the matches.
“yes, he is,” said Ginny slightly suspicious and she looked at Luna who was looking bemused herself for the first time.
“oh how I wish he gets the spot he wants. He is such a good player,” said Fiona in a sickly sweet and dreamy voice that Derek flinched.
“Ew Fiona just because you have a huge crush on him and you wish that he gets the spot doesn’t make him capable of getting a spot in the United’s ,” said Derek
“Crush!” said Ginny, “Fiona. You. Have. A. Crush. On. Cormac Maclaggen. When did you even come to watch those matches 2 years ago?”, said Ginny
“No Ginny. Derek is just,” waved off Fiona
“Derek is what? Jealous!” hissed Derek
“why would I say jealous?” asked Fiona incredulously
“oh puhlese”
“…I meant nothing Derek Bell,” she said angrily
Sara who was reading her Jinxes for the Jinxed when this entire discussion was taking place slowly looked up at the two 17 year old who were bickering with each other. Ginny looked at Sara and she gave an apologetic smile to her as her friends were again acting as if they were some 9 year olds.
“hey Ginny,” called a voice from the door that just opened. There was a over grown brown haired, tall gangly looking boy standing at the door frame and panting slightly
“Wayne,” said Ginny with a concerned voice, “what’s it?”
“6th year… Gryffindors… and Slytherins…Ralph…” he said still panting and Ginny rushed out of the door muttering “Yaxely!” furiously and followed by Luna immediately pulling Wayne along with her and not letting him complete.
“what happened?” asked Sara
“no idea,” said Fiona
“who was that guy?”
“He is Wayne Hopkins Hufflepuff prefect,” said Derek.
“Hey I think Hogwarts will be coming soon,” he said shifting to where Ginny sat and peeped through the window.
“Why not we change,” he said
“Yeah Sara, why don’t you change in here I will go back to my compartment and get changed and come back so that we can get down together,” said Fiona
“um…sure,” said Sara. Fiona and Derek left to change while Sara got up took her school robes and got changed and got back to reading her book. It was after half an hour that the train began to slow down. Sara looked out of the window and saw the castle far away on the peak of a mountain with lights and torches decorating its structure. She could see nothing but dark expanse ahead and beyond it but she knew that there was a forest in there some where. She immediately loved the castle. She thought of Madam Rosmerta on how adamant she was to make Sara go to Hogwarts and how she said Sara would like.
“I truly am in debt to you Madam Rosmerta,” thought Sara and just then Fiona and Derek appeared at the door.
“hey lets go Hogsmeade’s here,” said Derek and Fiona raised her eye brow and muttered “flirt” as Sara got up grabbed her school bag and exited the compartment.
“where’s Ginny and Luna?” asked Sara to Fiona
“oh they are trying to sort out few things with the head boy and others who got into a brawl outside some compartment,” said Fiona
“oh,” said Sara
“she has told you to go on with us and wait for them in the coach,” said Derek and Sara just nodded.
They got down the steaming train onto a wet platform of Hogsmeade. It had just rained and the atmosphere was breezy and damp. This reminded her of her own school which was situated on a slightly higher altitude where it was always cold and breezy but not cold enough to snow. She thought about her friends and her brother, “Karan must have gone back to school. He must be sleeping now,” she looked at her watch. It showed 7 in the evening, “he must be sleeping now. It must be midnight now back in school”
“hey Sara,” called Derek “come on quick or else we will be the last to reach the castle and you still have your sorting,”
“oh dear,” said Sara and quickened her pace and got into the coach.
“hey what were you thinking,” asked Derek and Sara opened her mouth to answer but fortunately Fiona helped her, “why are you bugging her so much Rek?” and Derek went red again and Sara just gave a small apologetic smile to Derek and turned away. Ginny and Luna hopped just before the coach could leave.
“hey guys,” said Ginny hopping in the coach
“hey”
“problem solved?” asked Fiona
“yeah,” sighed Luna
“the Slytherins are just such bunch off,” trailed Ginny thoroughly angry
“what happened?” asked Sara
“nothing these Slytherins got into an argument with Gryffindors which well didn’t look like argument but looked like a duel and Yaxely was siding with his house gits,” hissed Ginny
“what was the argument about?”
“nothing long gone and dead Voldemort and dark arts,” said Luna in here small serene voice as if it is most peaceful topic to talk about while the others just shook their head and Sara was amused at Luna’s way of talking.
“hey Sara I just happened to meet Hagrid and he has asked you stay outside the Hall as you have to go in with the first years for sorting,” said Ginny and Sara nodded. The rest of the journey towards the castle was quiet. Sara looked out and saw the black expanse which had small specks of burning torches decorating below the coach as it flew over the lake. “that must Hagrid taking the first years from the lake,” thought Sara as she remembered Hermione telling her about her first visit to Hogwarts in a boat. Soon they reached the castle and got down near the castle door. It was huge like that of typical English king’s castle wooden door. The kids were going through the door and it was pretty much crowded.
“hey where are you going?” asked Luna
“nothing just staying back till the rest of them go. Anyway I am supposed to wait for the first years and come with them,” said Sara
“don’t worry I have habit of walking through crowded places, you guys go ahead see you in the Great Hall,” said Sara looking at Ginny and slowed her pace. After the crowd thinned Sara entered the door and waited in the corridor for Hagrid to come. After 5 minutes Hagrid along with nervous looking students followed him. it was written on their faces the nervousness, the anxiousness, the excitement everything, everything was sketched on their faces as if they were open books to read. She caught a brown headed girl’s eye and gave a smile but and the girl nervously smiled at her and whispered in her friend’s ear and the raven headed friend looked up at Sara and gave a dazzling confident smile.
“confidence,” thought Sara and smiled to herself when she heard her name being called. She looked up and saw Hagrid come towards her with his wide grin.
“hey there, Sara, howz the ride to Hogwarts?”
“great,” she said with a smile, “how’s…” she started off but was cut off
“Rosmerta?” completed Hagrid for her and she nodded, “she is doing just great. She is missing you too. she was just hoping if you are getting around with people or not,” said Hagrid and Sara just shook her head, “when will she stop worrying about me,” thought Sara
“when you meet her Hagrid tell her that I am doing fine and please tell her not to worry,” said Sara and Hagrid nodded.
“come on lets go in”
“ok firs’ ‘ears here we go,” he said with his booming voice as the doors to the Great Hall opened and Sara walked along with Hagrid and the first years behind them
“I think the first years think I am a prefect or something,” said Sara
“yeah I heard few of them say that,” said Hagrid with a chuckle and cleared his throat. Sara looked around the brightly lit Hall with the school flag hanging behind the staff table and all the tables arranged according to the houses. She searched for Ginny’s house and found her sitting right in the beginning corner of the far left of the room. Ginny nodded at her and Sara nodded back as they came to halt in front of the staff and waited for the headmistress Professor McGonagall to start.
“good evening students. Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,” she said in a clear authoritative voice.
“we at Hogwarts are very happy to welcome you back this year to continue with our goal of teaching young witches and wizards about our little world. Hogwarts has witnessed a great deal of changes that took place in our little world which has affected the wizarding kind all over but still we stand to this date as proud as ever and as willing to help people as ever because we truly believe in what our dear old Albus Dumbledore once said, ‘you will find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it’ so all I just want to say for now is that now we are back to the beginning but no one should forget the feelings that we have gone through in these past few years and should continue to stay united and help each other as much as we can.” She drew a deep breath and talked again, “with much further ado let the sorting begin”

Last edited by harita; 04-09-2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Some Changes Made