View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
EmmaRiddle

Slytherin
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Marcella Riddle
Graduated
Kaplinski Rival Sorting Hat Machine

I know you deleted the comment but still;

Quote:
I would vote her into that role if she were, I don't know... using her bajillions to help the sick and impoverished children of the world, or something. Not that she doesn't do some charity, I'll grant. But ...It just bothers me that she's held up as a near-saint when she's got so much and it seems she doesn't do much with it to help those less fortunate... like she's forgotten her roots. Not that she is under any obligation to do so, mind you-- she is an author and not a political activist or humanitarian, after all. But before she is slapped with labels like "Ultimate Hero", I'd just like to see her earning that title in the huge, impactful ways that being the richest woman in the world AND the highest profile author of all time affords her the opportunity to do.
You clearly have NO idea the amount of charity work she does. Up until recently she was the patron for MS Scotland (she left because of inner disagreements with how the charity is being nationalised) and has set up The Children's High Level Group. Her total donations to charity come to £80 million. Jo has also helped; Book Aid International, the Catie Hoch Foundation, One Parent Families, Comic Relief, Dyslexia Action, the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, the XP Support Group, Comic Relief and more besides. A quick Google that takes mere seconds can tell you all of this and more.

You may not agree with her being given such a title but the accusation that she doesn't do enough with her good fortune and position, just isn't true.

Quote:
I mean, it's a great honor and certainly a great chance to be immortalized, but legos?
Makes sense, since that's what the park is about XD

Quote:
But.....is that a kid up the ladder?
that's what I thought, but probably not.
EmmaRiddle is offline   Reply With Quote