View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
harita
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
isabella Macmillan
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laura Thomas
International Cooperation

2 weeks passed by and Sara was back to normal though she still had that fleeting pain on her stomach because of her wounds. It was 10 in the morning and , she got up and got dressed in grey denim pants and pink T-shirt and running shoes, she pulled her curly black hair into a high pony and left the apartment to help Madam Rosmerta with the customers
“ ‘morning Madam Rosmerta,” she said cheerfully
“aha…morning there Sara,”
“ hey, hey, hey what are you doing?”
“you go chat up with your customer/friends,” said Sara rolling her eyes
Madam Rosmerta always loved to chat up with her customers and her friends who would visit Three Broomsticks and Sara understood that the moment she stepped behind the counter for the first time.
“I’ll take care of the counter,” she continued
“aw…you are such a sweet girl…” said Rosmerta and left to sit with Elphias Dodge and the auror Dawlish from the Ministry. Weekends were always some how special for Three Broomsticks because that would mean meeting all important ministry officials at her pub which was pretty famous amongst all the officials apart from The Leaky Cauldron.
As soon as Sara took to the counter all the faces turned and slow whispering started. She always had to go through this, since she was a foreigner but she couldn’t help it and went back to helping other customers who came at the counter.
“Hey good morning”, said a blonde headed guy. He looked around 15-16 year old.
“morning what can I give you?” she asked with a smile
“hum…3 medium sized butterbeers,” he said
“ok…here you go…” she said in a sing song way and with a swish of her wand the mugs were filled with butterbeer and the tray was ready at the counter. The blonde smiled and left to sit with his other friends.
She continued helping the customers at the counter and many times quite a few wizards would stop by and try to strike a conversation. All she would do is diplomatically answer their questions as she wasn’t good at impressing people with few witty lines. While helping around and chatting up with Madam Rosmerta herself from one corner of the room to another she happened to notice the blonde guy and his friends. They seemed to be watching her for quite sometime and seemed to be whispering something to one another and passing smirks while the blonde guy was all silent and looked coy. She caught them doing that twice and she tried to forget it. After sometime the blonde guy and his friends were about to leave, it was noon by then when the blonde guy turned up at the counter with his friends waiting for him
“hm…hi”
“hi…is there anyway I can help you?” asked Sara
“well…just wanted to thank you for the butterbeers,” said the blonde
“well…its not that I am giving you a treat that you are thanking me, you are paying for it,” said Sara and got down to counting the galleons, sickles and knuts in front of her
The friends behind were sniggering hard but she didn’t care.
Then there was a bold attempt by this blonde, “has anyone ever told you that you look really pretty” at that Sara looked up and smiled
“I have been told that before,” she said with a smile
“even more when you smile,” he added
“thank you for your compliment,” she added
The next thing that came from this guy caught her off guard, “will you mind going out sometime with me?” he asked tentatively
She looked at him and his friends who were sniggering harder than ever.
She gave a small smile and said, “that is really sweet of you kid but I already have a boyfriend”
“oh…”
“well nice to meet you anyways,” he said softly and began to leave
“nice to meet you too,” she said with a smile but he didn’t look back and said something to his friends who only thumped his back in consolation.

“broken someone’s heart, haven’t you?” came a voice from behind and Sara snapped her head to the side
“oh Gorge, how do you do?” she said not noticing another red headed man standing there along with him.
“how much is it for a large sized butterbeer?” asked a customer
“50 sickles,” she said and taking the money she wished the customer a nice day,
“I am fine,” he said as she placed the money in the chest.
“I wanted to…” she looked up and started but stopped noticing the red headed pony tail man standing next to Gorge
“Mr. Weasley, how nice to meet you sir,” she said in an astonished voice. Never did she think that she will meet Bill again when she left their hide out back when Greyback attacked them and she completely forgot that Bill could have been Gorge’s brother.
“nice to meet you too, Sara and how many times have I told you to call me Bill and not Mr. Weasley”
“yeah…it sounds as if he some 60 year old man,” said Gorge with a smirk and Sara rolled her eyes.
“how are you doing? I got to know recently that you have been working for Rosmerta for quite sometime,” said Bill
“yeah its been over a month, joined after the war. She wasn’t keen on keeping me and I wont blame her for that, who will keep a stranger in her house, but she was kind enough to do so and give a job,” she said
“after the war I happened to meet Mr. Broad and he told me about what happened at the hideout. I am sorry that I couldn’t have been there,” he said
“oh please, there is nothing to be sorry about. It was a war, we had to be alert and we knew that our lives were at stake every waking moment and apart from just gathering werewolves you and Mr. Lupin had other plans to carry out along with taking care of your family’s security. You couldn’t have been with us all the time. We had to take care of ourselves and we did it pretty much well. So don’t feel bad,” she said patting his hand.
“see Ginny told you the same thing,” said Gorge who was taking another swig of firewhiskey
“Gorge Weasley, you take another mug of that and I swear I will see to it that you won’t get any more next time you come,” shouted Madam Rosmerta from another corner.
“one last one,” he said but Bill looked at him sternly and he kept back the bottle and looked smug.
“you obviously don’t want to be called a drunkard, do you Gorge? You have taken to drinking it a lot after the war. You better stop it,” he said warningly as Sara was busy with the customers at the counter. The crowd was thinning as it was afternoon and usually they didn’t have much of customers then. Sara sat down behind the counter while both the Weasleys sat on the stools opposite her.
“I don’t know if you know this, but Remus is no longer with us,” Bill said slowly
“yeah I know,” she said with a sad sigh, “read it in the Prophet when the obituary was given. It is not right is it? for such a brave man and his wife to die like that?”
“yeah, but we cant do anything but wish they are peacefully rested,” said Bill
“how is his baby? He had a baby, right?” she asked
Both Bill and Gorge looked at each other and Bill said, “yeah, Ted is his name. Just few months baby now, staying with Tonks’ mother, Anderomeada. She is taking care of him. With her husband dead during the war just like her daughter and her son in law she has only Ted as her family now,” and Sara just nodded
“Gorge I wanted to thank you and Mrs. Weasley for the other day” she said turning to Gorge
“well you are any day welcome,” he said
“by the way are you still thinking of going in search of your friend?” he asked
Sara looked beyond him outside the window and slowly nodded
“even after having a gruesome adventure?” asked a voice which made Sara look in the direction to see Rosmerta standing there with her hands on her hips
“Madam Rosmerta that person whoever he was, he wasn’t my friend and that was an accident”
“An accident! My foot. You are not going anywhere Sara Mehra” she warned
“Madam Rosmerta my friend is the only reason that I have come so far for and you are asking me to stop looking for him?”
“it wont hurt if you don’t for sometime,” said Bill
“Mr. Weasl…Bill,” she corrected, “if your close friend is in danger will you not help him?”
“but what sort of danger lies for your friend?” asked Gorge
“its not danger Gorge its just that…forget it you wont understand,” she said and got up to place the empty bottles in a the rack for disposing which could have been done with magic.
“what will we not understand? The war is over. If you think death eaters will start pooling in people again for another war and there is a possibility that friend might be in danger in that way then you are wrong. The people all over have had enough of war that has been going on for over 2 decades and the death eaters and the dark lord believers are gone for good, for time being” asked Bill, “…at least” he added as later.
“nothing, its just that I have promised some closer to him that I will bring him back. That’s it.”
“and what if he wont come?” asked Gorge
“I don’t know, maybe I’ll stay till he doesn’t change his mind and come along,” she said
“this girl is so stubborn,” mumbled Madam Rosmerta and Sara smiled and asked, “so Madam Rosmerta can I go tomorrow for a break?”
Madam Rosmerta looked at her as if she gave in and nodded, “but you come with wounds next time Sara and I won’t talk to you”
“don’t worry I won’t. Tomorrow isn’t a full moon anyway,” she said
Bill and Gorge looked at Madam Rosmerta who gave them a weak smile.

ok guys...i need to know what you think of the fiction...so please...please...please...do write your comments and suggestions...