View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
harita
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
isabella Macmillan
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laura Thomas
International Cooperation
Default Life Post-Wizard War - Sa16+

Life Post Wizard War

Hello everybody at SS. This is my first attempt at fanfic. I had this story in my mind for quite sometime so I thought of posting it here.
DISCLAIMER: Most of the characters in this fic are our very own dear J K Rowling’s property and I don’t intend at any copy right infringement, and I have my own set of new characters coming in, in this fanfic. Many post war incredible fanfics have been written but this is my take on what happens after the great wizard war in the lives of our famous trio and their friends. And as time passes by who else becomes a part of their life. This story basically is set in Britain but might include other countries as the story proceeds.

A New Someone...

It was a cloudy July afternoon when George Weasley entered the Three Broomsticks. He was at his Hogsmeade branch of Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheeses, the Zonko’s which he along with his brother Fred Weasley bought last year.
Fred Weasley the infamous or the famous Weasley twin was a prankster at heart and no doubt he shared his passion for pranks with his brother George and his dear friend Lee Jordan. During the Wizard war where the infamous Lord Voldermort was defeated by the famous The Boy Who Lived Harry Potter many lives were lost and one among them was George’s brother and Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheeses’ co founder Fred Weasley. George was shattered when he saw his brother dead when the wall blasted and came down on him. George was in the other end of the corridor and saw Percy coming in along side to help Fred and the trio. One moment George heard Fred laugh the other moment Fred was lying on the cold castle floor and George could hear his elder brother Percy crying out for Fred like never before. He found Ron kneeling near Fred tear streaked and Percy shaking Fred to come alive. Fred was making good natured fun of Percy about his commitment to the old hag of a Minister when death befall on Fred and taking away everything about him from Gorge except for his last laugh which still rings in his ears even today.
Well it hasn’t been that long since the battle ended. It has just been 2 months and the wounds of war still unhealed. But time flies by leaving behind what has happened and taking along only the memories of the past to be written in the History Books of Hogwarts that every next generation kids will read. Every wizard and witch of Britain has started to move on and so has George Weasley.
“hello there Madam Rosmerta”
“hello George, what are you doing in here?”
“nothing thought of coming and looking at how well is my Madam Rosmerta doing?”
“oh that is really sweet of you, dear but since when did I become your Madam Rosmerta?” she asked with a cheeky grin
“oh well you have been my Madam Rosmerta for quite sometime,” he said
“honestly, you will never change will you, George?. Still a flirt, aren’t you?” and he just gave one of his famous wicked Weasley grins
“what can I give you?”
“chilled Firewhisky”, he asked
“love it, don’t you?”
“absolutely”, he said
“I don’t know under which category of customers should I put you in, having Firewhisky in the afternoon,” she said
“you don’t have to. I only have firewhiskey when I feel like”
“and looks like you like to have every time you come here,” she said
“well I think its ok to have considerable amount and unless you don’t start seeing devilish Corniex Pixies and gnomes befriending each other, that can be hazardous because they both cant befriend each other,” he said
“Merlin only knows how that Johnson girl has fallen for you and has stuck with you for so long,” she said shaking her head and with that George laughed.
“Angelina is my darling and she knows me enough to be bothered about my care free and if you say so my flirting nature”
“I say so,” she said nodding her head
“where is she now?” asked Madam Rosmerta
“we were to have lunch together but looks like we will have to skip it today. She said she has to attend a meeting at the Department of Magical Games and Sports”
“thinking of re starting Quidditch matches and wizard Chess Tournaments, are they? ”
“looks like but I doubt if it will start by the end of this year. The ministry it self is in such a chaos and so many changes are taking place that I think this meeting will just be as futile as the other meetings were,” he said sitting at the counter and stirring his firewhiskey.
“why is she so keen on attending it then?”
“well she is a junior in charge of the various sports meet so she has to attend the meeting and moreover she will have to make arrangements for renovation of various quidditch pitches that were destroyed during the war and she herself is pretty firm on starting the Quidditch and Wizard Chess seasons”
“looks like she desperately wants everything to be back and normal”
“yeah, she thinks that if we have more distractions the faster the people will try to forgo the past and she thinks quidditch to be the best answer”
“you think people will like it?”
“whether people like it or not there has to be some point where you have to restart your life and move on, don’t you? The scars that have been left behind by the war they will stay in our minds and body forever but we cant stop living, can we?”
Madam Rosmerta nodded
“and some day the sports season will start, some day again Quidditch World Cup will be back, some day we will have to start a new life, so why not start preparing for it?”
“war has done this to you, hasn’t it George?” asked Madam Rosmerta holding George’s hand. He looked at her and smiled and nodded. This time it was not a wicked Weasley smirk but a true genuine Weasley smile.
“but don’t worry the war hasn’t scarred my humor abilities that I will have to close down my business,” he said covering her hand with his and she smiled.
“so how’s your joke shop going on?” she asked
“well kids have started to come out and start buying our joke stuff again but it will still take time for people to pour in like last year”
“yeah,”
“how about you?”
“well Three Broomsticks is always full at evenings with people coming in for a mug of butterbeer or a jug of Firewhiskey and I have heard so many war stories that I feel as if I have seen all of them with my own eyes,” she said shaking her head. George was silent and sipping his firewhiskey.
“saw Minerva the other day, she has become a wreck,” she said
George looked up
“they are restarting Hogwarts so the staff members are all so busy with the rebuilding and renovating the ruins, and restructuring the academics and syllabus that they hardly have any time for a break, started off immediately after the new Minister of Magic was declared.”
“they are expecting old students to be back especially the 7th years,” she said
George nodded
“your brother Ron, is he coming back?” she asked
“I know Ronniekins too well, he isn’t thinking of coming back. He asked me the other day if he could help Lee and me with the joke shop. Mum was as usual furious at him, but he hasn’t decided yet,” said George
“why so? I mean you guys are doing well and I think Ron knows enough of magic for living his entire life. I mean he has seen so much being Harry’s best mate and I think he must have learnt a lot,” she said
“well its because she is mum and she does get furious at such decisions of her sons,” he said
“what about Harry? Is he still living with you guys?”
“yeah he is living with us and he too isn’t that keen, lets see. Even if he joins I think it will be because he wants to be an auror and there is no way but finish your NEWTs for that” and Rosmerta nodded.
“and that Granger girl?”
“oh, Hermione well I wouldn’t be surprised if I see her climbing down the Hogwarts Express this September the 1st,” he said
“you have your sister Ginny too this year in 7th year, right?”
“yeah, she doesn’t want to repeat 6th year again, recently took her 6th year exams in June sitting at home and I think many students have opted to write the exam and be done with their 6th year,” he said
“they should have done that with the 7th years as well”, said Madam Rosmerta
“I doubt that, they cant risk things with NEWTs but I think they do have a complementary exam which they are to conduct in mid July,” said George.
“anyways where’s Sara? haven’t seen her for long. She hasn’t even stopped by at Zonkos for quite some time,” he said
“yeah, she took leave for few days. Has been really a great helping hand at the counter, that girl,” she said and just then the back door opens up with a bang. George stands up quickly with his wand out and Rosmerta with her. They leave the main room of the Three Broomsticks through the side door and see a young girl lying there wounded and her blood dried on her body and robes on the stairs leading to Rosmerta’s apartment upstairs.

Last edited by harita; 04-09-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: certain changes made...