Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Tommehbell

Slytherin
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Greenwood
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Blake Madden
Accidents & Catastrophes
x1
DivaDivaDiva ||Candy Cane Mama||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
"Now I know what some of you must be thinking," Getti said, tucking her reading glasses back into the side of her handbag, "Why do we need to expose the Ministry candidates when Witch Weekly or The Quibbler are sufficient enough in their scandalous speculating?"

She set the palms of her hands down on the table and looked down each member of staff as she went on, "Because we're the broadsheet with the largest reach in Britain, and as such the community relies on us to give them the facts. That's right, I want facts. Not speculations."

The last time someone had tried to make up scandalous gossip about a member of the Hogwarts staff, the Daily Prophet found themselves in a terrible libel case and that employee had ended up with a job as the under-conductor on the Knight Bus. The Prophet now had the completely advanced fact checking resources installed in the Archives to ensure everything that was printed was true.

"Double check everything you research, because you can bet I will be doing just that." She straighted up again, "Now Lifestyle, tell me what you've got going so far? What is the theme you've come up with this month?"

She resisted snapping her fingers to get the Lifestyle people to hurry up and tell her so she could comment on it already.
She nodded at Getti. Wondering if the woman meant what she said or if she was just saying that because she had to. Digging up dirt on someone sounded just as gossipy as making things up,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintbrush View Post
Ana looked up from the spot on the table she'd been staring at for the past couple of minutes, her eyes focusing on Getti Ford.

"I... uh... well, we haven't discussed everything in detail yet," she began haltingly, feeling uncomfortably scrutinised under Getti's gaze. "So far, Egypt has suggested to do a piece about managing both a career and a life at home, right, Egypt?"

Ana looked over at her collegue, desperate for some back-up, feeling unusally vulnerable.

She would really need to get a grip on herself soon, considering she would be working with Getti quite a lot in the near future.
She looked to her editor as Getti asked what they were working on. Egypt liked the idea of writing about balancing work and home life. Especially with a woman running for Minister of Magic. "Yes Ana that is correct." She said smiling at woman who seemed like a niffler caught in the headlights. "I was also thinking about an article to get the romance back in the relationship with the children back at Hogwarts parents have a bit of freedom now." She offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
Getti's only response to that entirely unsatisfactory reply was to purse her lips. She had to look away from the section editor, due to the fact that she was so disappointed.
She was getting rather tired of the lip pursing thing. Egypt never before in her life had been pushed almost to the brink of losing her characteristic cheerful attitude. It was like being in the presence of a Dementor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
Mona eyed Ana with a curious mixture of pity and glee. The curve of her peach lipsticked mouth suggested pity and camaraderie, but her eyes would have been making loud guffawing noises if they could.

"Well, you need to make good friends with the details, don't you, dearie?" she said obligingly. "That's all very well for Egypt, but we also need youuurrr input. DINING!" she ejaculated abruptly. "Personally, I find it very difficult to find a reputable establishment in which to share a meal with an eligible bachelor. Everywhere seems to have a hag in the corner. I can't enjoy a filet mignon with hag smell wafting over it. I would like to read about something like that if I were a commoner." She smiled. "Just a suggestion."
Egypt smiled as she looked at the woman. "Well I've never had a problem finding a suitable place to have a fantastic meal, it might be that finding a suitable date is more your problem." She smiled. "But 89% of the witches in our circulation are married working women with children an article telling women how to juggle home life and work like might be better received." She told Mona. "And after all this newspaper if about what our readers want to read, not some article about a place for a common woman to have a common night on the town." She said emphasizing that woman's words. She didn't like these woman at all and she was not going to sit by and be talked down to like she was a two year old.

Egypt hated the fact that she was being mean, but it seemed to be the only language they understood, and her sitting by letting them treat people that way was telling them it was alright for them to treat people that way. And so was not going to condone their horrible behavior.

♣♣Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour♣♣