View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
lemondrop13
Ministry
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Hippogriff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane W. Fordyce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Macadrian Shackleton-Clark
Accidents & Catastrophes
Cheesy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
"Why thank you very much" Kaylee replied returning the woman's smile. "You have done a fantastic job setting this whole thing up for us" Kaylee regarded the woman a little more closely. She seemed to be an extremely efficient and capable young woman, Kaylee could certainly do with someone like her back home. "Say...have you ever thought about coming to Australia?" she queried. This trip might turn out worthwhile after all, a little poaching never went astray.
Reagan's cheeks turned a bit pink. It wasn't often that she was complimented on her work - Brennan hardly took notice enough to care. Reagan smiled and replied, "Thank you, Ms. Whittaker. It was my pleasure and I'm glad you like it." A bit caught off guard by Kaylee's next question, Reagan responded, "I've thought about taking a vacation there, but I have to admit, I don't often have time enough for vacation with work. So I probably won't get there anytime soon." Reagan laughed lightly and then caught a glimpse of the clock in the back of the auditorium.

"Oh, it is time to begin. Ms. Whittaker, pardon me but I must address the group now so that we may get started. Please have a seat and enjoy your evening."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Brennan shrugged. They'd like whatever he had to say, and he had a general idea what needed to be said. He approved of his new chair and with that, he headed to his seat to gloat over being slightly higher and more important than everyone else.
Once Reagan was satisfied that the ten Ministers were seated comfortably, Reagan approached the podium, pointed her wand to her throat and in a loud, but not too loud for indoors, voice, she addressed the crowd, "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen and welcome to this year's International Wizarding Conference. As I stated before, my name is Reagan Taylor and I will be serving as your Mistress of Ceremonies for the evening. And it will be quite the entertaining evening, so please sit back, relax and enjoy.

"The tradition of the International Wizarding Conference began many years ago, when the world's leaders of their time thought it would be prudent to convene together and determine strategies to improve the magical community. It is this same noble desire that brings these ten distinguished individuals, sitting beside me on stage, to our Ministry this year. Each of these men and women are dedicated to the wizards and witches of their countries and of the world as a whole. They are truly remarkable people. And it is my honor to introduce them all to you. Ministers, if you could please stand as I call your name.

"I will proceed in alphabetical order: Kaylee Whittaker, Minister of Magic Australia; Valeria Nikolvna, Minister of Magic Bulgaria; Bao Li, Minister of Magic China; Luc Benoit, Minister of Magic France; Bhanuprasad Balasubramanium, Minister of Magic India; Yoshi Ishikawa, Minister of Magic Japan; Svetlana Jespersen, Minister of Magic Norway; Jose Espinosa, Minister of Magic Peru; Abigail Road, Minister of Magic United States; and last, but certainly not least, the man who I have the honor and pleasure of working with everyday right here in this Ministry, and who would like to address you and our guests personally, our very own Minister of Magic - Brennan Cooper."

Reagan was proud that she hadn't mispronounced anyone's name, especially that chap from India. Boy, that was quite a mouthful! Before the applause died down, Reagan gestured toward Brennan, giving him his cue to rise from his chair and come to the podium to make his speech.