View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
lemondrop13
Ministry
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Hippogriff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane W. Fordyce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Macadrian Shackleton-Clark
Accidents & Catastrophes
Cheesy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Hm?" Brennan smoothed his hair and then ruffled it back up again. "Taylor, is my speech on the podium? And I want to sit in the most important seat. My seat looks just the same as everyone else's. My SISTER has a gorgeous chair whenever they have a feast, and she simply leads a tiny school. I lead a country! I need a bigger chair." He straightened his tie.
Reagan's eyes nearly bugged out of her head. She told him more than once that he needed to prepare his own speech and now he's asking her if his speech is on the podium?!? It is bad enough he expected her to plan and organize this entire conference, contacting each and every Department Head to enlist their help, but now he expected her to have his speech written too? The nerve!

Reagan had nearly had enough. This job was beginning to not seem worth it anymore. If it wasn't for her determination to one day be Minister of Magic herself, she would have walked away by now. But she knew Brennan would have to retire some day in the future, and when that day came, she hoped to replace him. And it was this desire that kept her where she was, overworked and without a life of her own, and handling each and every one of Cooper's bungles.

She explained to the Minister, "Sir, I informed you days ago that you would need to have your own speech written, so unless you placed it on the podium before this moment, it won't be there. You'll just have to wing it. Best to keep it short, in that case. And as for your chair, I'll take care of it. But you should know, these people on the stage are your colleagues, international leaders of equal ranking, who may not like it so much if you treat yourself better than them. But if you'd like a bigger chair, your wish is my command." And with a flick of her wand, Cooper's chair was enlarged to be a few inches taller and wider than those surrounding it. I suppose if the other Ministers ask why he's being treated better, I'll have to lie and say it is something to do with a medical condition or something equally lame. Claustophobia, perhaps?