View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 02:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
lilly_luna
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

heart

in celebration of my new readers here's another chapter x

Chapter 3

He woke to banging on the door. “BOY! OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!”
“Yes uncle Vernon” He got up smiling at her curled up figure on the floor, “Just a minute” He grabbed the invisibility cloak and threw it over her sleeping form. Then reached over, pulled the trunk out of the way and poked his head round the door.
“Open the door properly boy so you can answer me clearly” his face was purple and he was breathing heavily, Harry glanced over his shoulder she hadn’t moved he opened the door fully and stood hands by his side waiting for Vernon to get his breath back.
“Why is the content’s of your bed on the floor?”
“I fell out of bed, tangled in the quilt” Harry pasted on a blank look while Vernon squinted his piggy little eyes at him.
“Aren’t you going somewhere today boy?”
“Yes, I’ll be gone by noon”
“And your not coming back I take it?”
“Never” he smiled happily as Vernon grunted and walked away humming happily, obviously pleased about Harry’s plans.

He turned away and closed the door, then pulled the cloak away and shook her gently awake.
“Gin, Gin”
“What mum?” she replied sleepily “You’re not at home Gin, remember”
“Hmmm, hello Harry” her eyes opened slowly as she blinked in the light.
Suddenly a patronus appeared in the form of a wolf; it walked into the middle of the room before opening its mouth and Remus Lupins words coming out.
“Harry and Ginny, stay where you are. I will be coming shortly to get you both and take you to the next safe house.”
They looked at each other one thought crossing both there minds. Run.
Ginny spoke first. “What do you want to do; if we wait I have to go back. He’ll take me back, and I can’t go back” she burst into tears and said in between sobs “I can’t leave you, you need me, and I need you”
He sat beside her and held her close wiping her tears away with his sleeve.
“We could run but it will only make things worse Gin”
“I …I just… I can’t go back there, no one cares that by keeping me away from you it makes it worse, they don’t understand you’re the only one that really knows me Harry and I don’t want to lose you”
“I know Gin, I know. We have to choose now, we run or we surrender”
“Run” she stared up at him fire blazing in her eyes he couldn’t look away and nodded breathing in her flowery scent.
“Let’s go then”
He pulled on a hoodie over his t-shirt packed his invisibility cloak, money, clothes and robes into a backpack as Ginny put on shoes, grabbed her bag and filled its remaining space with the food from the secret stash in the floor. He sent Hedwig out telling her to fend for herself for a few days and then go to the leaky cauldron. Harry grasped her hand and held it tightly as they walked down the stairs.

They made it to the door when Vernon, Dudley and Petunia came out staring at them.
“Who’s that?” Vernon pointed at Ginny and Harry replied smiling
“My girlfriend”,
“Who’d want to go out with you, scar head?” Dudley looked Ginny up and down
“One of your lot, isn’t she?” Vernon sneered
“I am, as you so articulately suggested, a witch” Ginny stared at Vernon with hatred before turning to Dudley “And I would rather go out with a Hero with a scar then a lump of lard with legs any day”
“You slept here, in his room, in our house” Petunia looked at her, her nose turned up.
“She stayed with me, where she’s safe” Harry stared at her daring her to say anything else.
“Don’t worry he was more then hospitable” Smiled Ginny directing it at Petunia who face became very pale very fast. Harry and Ginny both laughed, before walking out the door hand in hand. Petunia and Vernon stood mortified in the door way whilst Dudley complain loudly about how loud his stomach was growling. Harry stopped and looked back saying,
“I’ll be back for my stuff don’t touch it or I’ll curse you, I can do magic legally in two days so if you do anything you’ll all end up like dear aunt Marge”

They walked the end of the road before Harry pulled out his wand and signalled the Knight bus.
They stepped on board and were, twenty minutes later outside the leaky cauldron.
“Harry Potter” Said a toothless Tom walking towards them “and …?”
Harry smiled and put a finger to his lips whispering; “We’re here on …Vol-sorry you know who business. It would be best for you if you didn’t tell any one we were here”
“Oh yes Mr Potter” he tapped his nose knowingly.
“Call us sir and miss; don’t use my name it might give us away. Can we have a room please, two beds”
“Yes sir, be right back” he shuffled over to the counter and picked up a key “Number twelve, nice room up stairs on the left. You can settle the account when you leave” he bowed slightly and shuffled away to the bar to serve a customer draped in a large black cloak. Ginny looked at the figure suspiciously then grabbed Harry’s hand and walked quickly up to the room.
Harry flopped down on one of the beds whilst Ginny went to the toilet.
“Gin?” he called into the en suite, “Have we done the right thing?”
She came out her face pale, “I don’t know, they might find us eventually but I won’t go back not yet”
He looked out the window “Were going to have to stay inside for a while if we don’t want to be found”
“I got my school stuff but its all in my trunk at the burrow”
“I got mine, but it’s at privet drive as well” Harry stopped and thought,
“I know a certain house elf that would do any thing for me” he grinned and called out “Dobby”
The small familiar house elf appeared before them his eyes bulging with the delight of being called upon by Harry again.
“Potter called Dobby answered, what can Dobby to for the great Harry Potter”
“Dobby, could you go to the burrow and get Ginny’s trunk and bring it back her, and then go to my old house and get my trunk from the Dursley’s.”
“Yes Mr Potter”
“But Dobby, you can’t tell anyone where we are or where you’re bringing the trunks. You mustn’t be seen by anyone”
“Yes Mr Potter, Dobby will be very careful”
They sent him on his way giving them two pairs of there most brightly coloured socks, and sat on the sofa under the window. Ten minutes he returned with both trunks smiling happily.
“Thanks Dobby”
“Dobby is glad to be of service, but now I must return to the school”
“Ok bye Dobby and thanks” Dobby smiled widely before departing.

“Lupins probably looking for us right now, I bet he’s angry” Ginny moved her head around to look at Harry as he spoke. “Well he’s going to have to get over it, were safe here and we’re together” She replied, Harry looked down at her smiling “I don’t know how I’ve spent these last sixteen years without you”
“I was always there, and you had Ron and Hermione”
“I guess but they haven’t stood by us now have they, they are supposed to be our friends your family”
“They don’t understand we want to be together, that we want to face him together”
“They think im with you ‘out of fear’, im not. Now I have you I don’t think I could live with out you”
“Or I you” she kissed him gently on the lips before closing her eyes and lying against his chest.
He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close as they sat in silence, the sun setting outside and a breeze filtering though the open window.