View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 04:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
butterbeer5
Hufflepuff
Dugbog

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaylee Darkwater
First Year

Haha, im_dans_girl07 I agree. Except to this day I cry every single time I read the dedication. I was with Harry all the way! I have the third printing of the first book!

I think, as some of you before me have mentioned, the middle was a little slow at times, but it was a good contrast for the action of the climax. Who could've predicted the outcome of the end? I loved Ron and Hermione's long awaited kiss and the fact that Hermione was the one to initiate it.

Kingsley as minister for magic, absolutely perfect. Kreacher's redemption, unexpected but pleasant. Learning a bit more about Regulus Black was an added bonus too.

I think also, that although it was sad, it was necessary for Lupin to die. He represented the last of the mauraders and it was appropriate that those of Harry's Dad's generation were gone in order for Harry to take the next steps in his life.

Speaking of the rest of Harry's life, many people disliked, even hated the epilogue. I think that the war was sad, and emotional, so a cheesy ending was perfect to set off my depression.

butterbeer5 is offline   Reply With Quote