View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 01:23 AM

Post Dan Radcliffe's Inside the Actors Studio interview segments

Segments from Dan Radcliffe's interview.with James Lipton, as part of his Inside the Actors Studio episode, are online now, which include quotes from Dan about growing up within the world of Harry Potter, when he realised he wanted to become an actor, and teasing co-stars Rupert Grint and Emma Watson on their characters becoming romantically linked in the last movie, Deathly Hallows.

Dan talks about how he fairs better with adults than people his own age:

Quote:
"I'm very good with adults," he said. "I only have a few friends my age… It's sort of hard to talk to people." He likens this and several of his other idiosyncrasies to the character of Harry Potter.
He goes into detail about one very poignant trait both he and Harry share: their innate curiosity:

Quote:
"Many young children live through their imagination. Did you?" inquired Lipton. "Yes, and I still do," Radcliffe responded. "I have this fascination with the world. I like to observe weird things like how a door closes, or the grates on a subway platform."

Radcliffe said that like Harry, he too has an "innate curiosity about the world… We have very good friends too."

Radcliffe added, "We have a stubbornness not to involve people and to solve our own problems… And I pick people up on stuff. I'm very irritating to argue with, like Harry would be, I'd imagine."
Dan credits Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuaron for his career decision of becoming an actor:

Quote:
Radcliffe described his ideal director: "You want somebody you can suggest things to, not someone you're intimidated by. You also want somebody who will turn to you after a take and say, 'That was not very good at all.' That's how you know you can trust his judgment."
Dan jokingly talks about Harry Potter co-stars Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, and Robbie Coltrane, as well as his experience working on the film series:

Quote:
The Quidditch broomstick on which Radcliffe rode was in fact attached to a bike saddle - Radcliffe remarked, "You lean forward on… everything." In addition, he cites Robbie Coltrane, who plays Hagrid the groundskeeper, as "the guy who tells dirty jokes." Alluding to the epilogue in the final Potter book being portrayed in film by his cohorts Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, Radcliffe chuckled, "It's going to be a source of entertainment to see Ron and Hermione together."
The article also includes how Dan prepared for Equus, and how the American audience compares to the British when watching the play; he also quips briefly about politics, music, and fame.

At the moment the air date for the programme has not been released, but we will update with the information when it is made available.