View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
lemondrop13
Ministry
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Hippogriff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane W. Fordyce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Macadrian Shackleton-Clark
Accidents & Catastrophes
Cheesy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by draco'sgirl617 View Post
Tonya listened intently and looked around the room, "Thats a great idea." she said with enthusiasm, "Do you think we could get a few employees to dress in the traditional clothes from each country? And maybe have them stand in that section and tell a little about the culture?" she asked her.
Reagan thought about Tonya's question and shook her head, "Not likely. There really aren't any spare employees who can play the roles. But that's ok, I think displaying items from the cultures will be sufficient, especially considering we just don't have time to do much else. But regardless of our time crunch, this place needs to look as if it took hours to put together.

"Now, as for items, many of the Ministers' secretaries sent our Ministry gifts and tokens of appreciation, as is custom for the hosting country to receive. Quite a few were items I think we can use to decorate this room. I'd just need to head up to my office briefly to grab them. While I'm gone, perhaps think of a way to tastefully decorate each Minister's chair to make them feel more comfortable?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter101 View Post
"Sure thing" Ryan said with a pull of the banner. "Hows that look?" She asked looking back at Reagan. It looked good to her. Actually the whole auditorium was starting to come together very nicely. "What else would you like me to do?" SHe asked with a smile.
Reagan nodded and replied, "That looks perfect! Put a good sticking charm on it so it doesn't move and that will be set. Once that is done, I need you to come up with some ideas of items that represent our culture, perhaps clothing or miniatures of prominent architectural beauties? Anything but food because we already have that covered. Thanks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptian_Blue View Post
"Rico Serio sent me from Level Five to help you decorate," Jacob said simply, and to the point. "The banner looks good, by the way." And it really did; clearly some time had been spent on it.

"My name's Jacob Webster," added Jacob. Seeing that the woman's hands were full, he decided against his instinct to hold out a hand to shake.
Reagan greeted the man with a smile and asked, "Can you retrieve the large rectangular table from the closet and set it up behind the even larger table already on stage? The table you'll be setting up is for the food, which should be arriving very soon. Please place one of the purple tablecloths that are also in the closet on top of the table. And then, if you have any ideas for other ways to decorate this place, please share!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquelin. View Post
Angelina gave Reagan a small smile while she shook her head slightly. Decoration was not her strong point.
It just wasn't.
You could ask her to do anything and she would do a good job.
But job's involving decoration.. er.. anyways..
"Well.. a few.. but - she was interrupted by Tonya's voice.
Oh thank Merlin she had ideas!
The young woman moved her eyes to Tonya and waited patiently for her answer to Reagan's question.

The young woman’s lips finally curved into a smile when she heard Tonya’s suggestion. She actually thought that was an amazing idea..and it looked like Reagan had the same opinion.
In fact, Reagan got all exited with Tonya's idea.. she even started to talk fast, again.
Finally things were moving.
"Yes, sure.” she replied with a nod to Reagan’s question while she moved towards the heavy stationary kit.
Reagan replied gratefully, "Thank you! Can you keep everything under control down here for a moment? I need to run up to my office to grab some supplies to help with the decorating. Also, if you find someone in this group with artistic talent, ask them to draw some fancy images on each of the cards you're writing the names on. They can either personalize each one to the country of the corresponding Minister or include all 10 countries representations on the card and use the same image for all of the cards. I'll leave that up to you all to decide. Be right back!" And without waiting for a reply, Reagan dashed off to the lifts.