View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
lemondrop13
Ministry
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Hippogriff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane W. Fordyce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Macadrian Shackleton-Clark
Accidents & Catastrophes
Cheesy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter101 View Post
"Sure I can definatly do that" Ryan said taking one of the ends of the Banner." She was glad to help out in any way possible. Seeing as how she had some free time every now and then in her department she was happy to come down here.
Reagan lifted her wand out of her robes and levitated the other end of the banner. She raised the banner to one level above the stage and inspected if she liked the positioning. Deciding it was too high, Reagan lowered her side and reevaluated. Now the banner seemed too droopy, though the height was good. She requested of Ryan, "Can you pull your end a bit farther out so it makes it just a bit more taut? I think it will look cleaner and sharper that way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptian_Blue View Post
Jacob nearly sprinted to Level Ten, an interdepartmental memo crumpled in one hand. It detailed the decorating that needed to be done for the foreign ministers. It's scary how much I've felt like helping out lately, Jacob thought idly as he traveled. Maybe I should've been a Hufflepuff.

He arrived at the room to see a brilliantly constructed setup, perfect in nearly every detail. There were a number of Ministry employees here already. Jacob wandered around, admiring all the creativity, finally making his way to where a lady seemed to be in charge, giving out instructions and requesting ideas.
While Reagan was inspecting the appearance of the banner above the stage, she sensed a new body at her side. Turning her head slightly and trying to multi-task, Reagan asked, "How can I help you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by draco'sgirl617 View Post
Tonya smiled at Reagan glad to be asked for her ideas, "I was thinking that each ambassador should feel at home and that a section of the room could be put toward each ministry that way every minister could see how each lives and we could all learn about each culture." she said smiling hoping it would help.
Reagan listened to Tonya's ideas and at first thought she was merely repeating what Reagan had requested before - that the decor honor each country somehow. But upon further inspection, Reagan realized the unique contribution that Tonya had made - focusing on the culture and the way the Ministers live. It was brilliant!

Reagan's face spread into grin and she exclaimed, "Tonya, I just knew you would be an asset to our department when I read your application! Your idea is absolutely brilliant! We could devote each section of the auditorium to the customs of each country, displaying traditional clothing and items of daily life from the countries, because that is, after all, why we are here, gathered together - to effect the change that will affect the daily lives of the people within the magical community worldwide! Brilliant!"

Reagan surveyed the walls of the room and began dividing the sections up for different countries. She explained, "Two food tables containing an assortment of traditional items from each of the different countries will be located in the back of the auditorium for the press and employees of the Ministry and another will be located just behind the larger table that I've already placed on the stage for the Ministers to enjoy. We could place the tables in between the displays on the back wall..." Reagan trailed off from basically talking to herself while she thought out loud and then explained more clearly the task at hand.

"Let's work with the two side walls and the back wall to display items. Three countries on each wall will cover all nine visiting countries. Then, for the shorter half walls on either side of the stage, we'll display items from our own culture. Ok, now we need to determine which items we want to display. Let's go in alphabetical order and decide. Australia, Bulgaria, and China. What do you think?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kami12 View Post
Forrester entered the level 10 hall and headed towards the auditorium, he looked around and noticed Miss Reagan.
"I'm sorry to disturb you in such a time" Forrester said when he was close enough. "But I just wanted to ask something... Does the minister need his security service now?" Forrester asked.
Reagan pondered the man's question and replied, "I believe he is still in his fitting right now for his robes. So I would say, not quite yet. Though, you could surely go up to my office and wait outside his office door until the seamstress exits. Then you could inform the Minister of your presence and purpose, but be sure to knock first, and he'll let you know if he feels your presence is needed at that time or later."