View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
LadyNerd
Formerly: Rookins

Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Morani
Fifth Year

x1
squishy yoshi / / i ♥ stalking

Madison chuckled lightly at Tonya. "Oh! Then Tonya it is," she said with the hint of laughter still in her voice. "Actually I answer by just about anything but you are more than welcome to call me Madison, Madi...I have no problems at all with either, so as long as they are nice words." She couldn't help but snicker once again as she took a seat and brought out her notes from the meeting.

"We don't have much time, so I will hit the highlights of what has happened so far," she began as her eyes glanced over the notes. "So far we have come up with the pros and cons of either allowing or keeping them illegal within Britain. Ms. Bass, who is the Department Head of International Cooperations, described to us that the only reason for banning the magical carpets before was the simple fact that they were a muggle artifact and were illegal to enchant, which in turn made them appear on the Registry of Proscribed Charmable Objects.

"Some of the Cons discussed where that some were afraid that the carpets would get into the wrong hands of muggles, some where speaking of age limitations or the simple fact that an evil source could charm the carpets into doing things that were...well, not so good of course." She carefully glanced once more at the writing scribbled on the parchment. "There were also those who were afraid that some may get hurt by falling off causing injuries. That would be a dreadful thing indeed."

She then turned the page hoping that she was not boring her new guest in any way at the moment. "Some of the pros discussed were the simple fact of making it easier to carry more than one person, using the carpets to get from point A to point B for those who do not prefer to use floo or portkeys." She paused once more as she glanced at the page again. "Simple thing is that there were more cons discussed than pros." She shrugged her shoulders make sure to not allow her own views to show up since there were some taking sides on the issue.

"Todays topic will be whether you are for or against the use of flying carpets. Obviously if it is approved then we will need to come up with laws for the carpets and if they are not approved, then I guess we don't have to worry with it. But the decisions will be discussed today and they are wanting to get everyone to one side." Needless to say, she was the only one for the carpets being approved while everyone else was against them.

Hogwarts Past: Fia
Don't call me Fiona!