View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lizasaurus

I was stunned by many parts in DH. Especially the ending.

The beginning was a nice piece to start it all out. It's descriptions were awesome!

It was a nice part with Dudley. It was a huge surprise compared to how he has acted in the first 6 books. But Petunia's reaction isn't at all surprising. Nor is Vernon's changing his mind, how many times?

How horrible about Mad Eyed Moody! That was a shock to me. How can someone that you believe is invincible, get killed? Not to mention book 4!

I knew that somehow the wedding would play a huge part in Voldemort taking over. It just seemed the right place for things to happen. All the happiness of a wedding, with the dark lord dropping in on it.

I had a feeling that Voldemort would come up with a way to find people that were against him. By using his name, to find people, it just seemed like something he would do.

But I found it sad, but not too surprising that Ron, would get angry and just leave. He still had that jealousy thing going on, and needed a break I think.

Dobby dying to save Harry and his friends, I thought was the most sad part of the whole book. It was appropriate, I feel that he was killed leaving his old owner's home, though.

The biggest shock to me, however, was how the book ended. The last few chapters, before the epilogue was the most enthralling, mindcaptivating part I've ever read.

With Harry being ultimately the final horcrux that was never meant to be made. And him in a way dying, and coming back, but actually only killing the final horcrux.

What a twist!

And with Fred, Tonks and Lupin all being killed, what a horrible ending. But a fantastic ending, to Harry being the ultimate owner of the Elder Wand, and having Voldemort's own spell backfire and killing himself with it.