View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #34 (permalink)
lilly_luna
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Unhappy

well as you requested heres another chapter enjoy !

Chapter 10

The tortured soul

“I am sorry” said Seamus sitting in the train carriage “I do know now what I did was wrong, and I regret only that I never told you earlier how I felt” Hermione smiled “I believe you and im sorry for what I said but you made me so angry I just snapped.” He smiled “I know but now you have to go before this train leaves for Europe with you on it” she grabbed his hand, squeezed it affectionately, let go and got up “Good bye Seamus, and good luck with your mother” she leapt off the train to Ginny waiting on the platform. “Let’s go”.

It had been three weeks since the “kidnapping” and Hermione was feeling happy and relived to finally move on. She smiled as she got in her car but something was eating away at her “How’s Ron?” she said trying to sound blasé but Ginny could see right through it.
“He’s fine, he’s staying at the burrow for a bit and has taken a holiday from work, but he misses you Hermione, you can’t avoid him forever” She put the car in gear “Im not trying to Ginny but I don’t think he wants to know me any more especially since the whole Seamus and Draco fiasco” Ginny smiled “He wants to see you, he needs to see you, I just don’t think either of you are ready for more then that yet, just start talking again please”
“Do you think your mum will ever find out what happened? Cause if she does I doubt she’ll ever let me speak to you or Ron or Harry ever again”
“As long as you’re my friend my mother will never be able to stop me from seeing you, and with Ron pining for you as it is I doubt she’ll stop him if he gives himself a chance, why don’t you come to our place for dinner tonight, Ron’s coming and Romlin his latest girlfriend and Luna and Dean.”
“Ok, but it might be a bit awkward with all those couples”
“Well, I guess so but it didn’t put Ron off, He’s been at the burrow for two days and just wants the company that’s not mum and dad” She smiled “if you do feel like coming just pop round about six O’clock “
“Ok” she said turning the corner “but I suppose I might as well come along as long, and as you said I can see him, and if he doesn’t want me to talk to him I won’t “
“Then it’s settled, and I think it’s best we don’t mention you seeing Seamus off, just yet”
“If you say so, have you got food for tonight?”
“Yep all sorted, mum offered to help but I said no, once she gets in the kitchen it’s as if every spell I cast is wrong” they laughed “I’m a better cook then Harry and he invited Romlin over only by assuring him I was making dinner”
“Is he that bad? I suppose the Dursley’s had iron stomachs”
“Dudley looks like he would eat anything in his photos but apparently he’s changed Harry saw him last week in London, he had that thing what do muggles call it, it was something suction but it sounded horrible”
“You mean liposuction” said Hermione driving the car onto a main road “That’s so drastic, but anyway are we going to my place or yours”
“Yours and I’ll apparate from there, I have to do some cleaning since Harry’s at work and then start cooking, im so glad it’s the weekend and my next match isn’t till next Saturday”
“So who’s this girlfriend of Romlin’s?”
“I don’t know her, he said her names Jasmine, she’s muggle born American and owns that café where Fortescues ice cream place used to be, best food in diagon alley according to Romlin”
“So what happened to Jamie, the same as Louisa I Suppose?”
“He said to Harry ‘Im just not ready for a serious relationship’ he’s nice an all just a bit of a player” they laughed as Hermione turned off on to a side street and into an underground car park under an apartment block. They got out and carried on the conversation up the lift and all the way to the front door. They sat and talked for about an hour when Ginny got up, “I suppose I’d better go, I’ll see you tonight” and she hugged Hermione “Well how bout I give you a hand, I haven’t got any thing else to do and I promise I won’t get in your way”
“You’re sure you wouldn’t rather be working on elfish welfare?”
“I can’t seem to focus on it, but I could do with some practice on my cleaning charms”
“Well if you’re sure”
“I am and it might keep my mind from other things”
“Well ok” Said Ginny and they apparated to the living room of the cottage.

"So Romlin, who’s this date your bringing tonight?” Said Harry, They stepped out from the alley way and onto an empty street “Jasmine, but what’s it’s got to do with you I’ll never know, she’s just a girlfriend”
Harry laughed “Ah but as your superior, I have to know who my staff are involved with”
“Hey, you’re only older then me by a couple of months, your only my boss cause Pascal actually likes you but since you’re a married man, I can’t tell you what I get up to it might make you jealous”
“Some how I doubt it, I married the love of my life, I’ve never been happier and it’s all down to Ginny”
“Urrggg don’t get all soppy you’re supposed to be hunting dark wizards, not love sick one’s”
“Ok, ok lets get on with it” they raised there wands.

Ron lay on his bed staring at the ceiling, ‘I’m not going to think about her’ he thought to him self and he was just convincing himself of that point when his mother called his name “Ron are you up yet, I made you some breakfast since dads gone to work” He got up and placed a jumper over his t shirt and was just about to change his underwear when “Ron – Oh im sorry” “Mum!” He remembered why he had moved out as soon as he could. “Im sorry Ron” his mother called through the door, “I thought you were asleep when you didn’t answer” he sighed “Its fine, I should have replied, I’ll be down in a minute.”

He went downstairs now dressed and nibbled at a slice of toast.
“You’ve lost weight, you’re getting too thin for your clothes, and you look miserable, why on earth did you leave that girl, and why in merlins name aren’t you getting back together with her?”
“Mum, I’ve told you, I don’t want to talk about it, im fine im just not hungry”
“Your not fine, you’ve been here two days and neither me of your father can get a word out of you, and I still haven’t forgotten that you won’t tell me why you went to Malfoy’s place”
“Im fine, I don’t feel like being very conversational, it was for work” he got up “and im going for a walk”

He stepped out into garden looking up at the cloudy sky and took a deep breath and started to walk. He went into the village and wandered around looking like a muggle just as everyone else was, he felt a relief to be away from magic. Knowing her strong connections to the muggle world made him feel closer to her, but he shrugged this feeling off and began to walk away from the village and took on a path leading him further and further away ignoring where his feet where taking him. When he finally decided to look at his watch he realised it had been over three hours. He made to turn around and walk back but thinking better of it, he apparated to the front door of the burrow and stepped inside.

“Where have you been? Mums been going mad” Said Bill “she called me over from shell cottage to look for you”
“I told her I was going for a walk and I did, there was no need for her to call you im a big boy, I can look after my self”
“Ron” shouted Molly “I was worried sick”
“I told you I was going for a walk; you didn’t need to send out a search party, im fine you go back to Fleur” he said to Bill “I’m going to the bathroom, then my room, then at six o’ clock im going to Harry and Ginny’s and then I’ll be back later tonight” He walked up the stairs and slammed the bathroom door.

“That boy needs her even to function properly; I hope she feels the same for his sake”
“I don’t think she does mum, it looks like she’s been seeing someone else”
“What, someone else?”
“Yeh saw her on the train this morning, at St. Pancras with some guy on the euro star and Ginny was with her, so she must know too”
“Well I guess that’s why he’s so miserable; maybe he seeing she’s moved on will make him too”
“Hmm well id better go Victoire’s teething” He hugged her and stepped out side and apparated, while Molly began fold laundry and wash dishes with her wand.

He got into the shower scrubbed away the dust and dirt from his walk .He went to his room and changed into a clean shirt and jeans, combed his hair and took a look at himself in his mirror. He was thin, tall, muscular, but looked closely at his face. He practiced a smile, it was there but it looked too happy, too forced he tried again, ‘much better’ he thought to himself. ‘Now I don’t look too depressed’ he ran a hand through his hair looked at himself again and then snapped. He punched the mirror. The glass shattered and fell to the ground around his feet. He looked down at his hand “That’s better” he said aloud “well at least I can feel something, even if it is pain” he went to the bathroom and filled the sink. With his hand in the water he removed the small bits of glass and conjured a bandage. He walked back to his room repaired the mirror and walked downstairs. He walked to the fire place grabbed some floo powder and stepped in the flames.