View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Phoenix 8390
Gryffindor
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander James Wright
First Year
Default Shenanigans: The journal of an Irish lad - Sa13+
Elder Quad

[Credit for this lovely banner goes to the amazing Kelvin. Thanks muchly love ]

Hello hello everyone. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Shannon and this is a journal of my next Hogwarts charrie. He is the little cousin to my current character, Dusty. This journal just gets inside his head a bit I guess you could say. He's extremely Irish so he might be using a few Irish slangs which I will then translate for you at the end of each entry. And normally I type him with an Irish brogue, but since it's writing i can't really do that now can I? Anyway, enjoy!

February 1, 2066
5:23p.m.

Um...hey there...buddy? My friend Leah just gave me this journal and I'm really not sure what to do with it. She told me I should write my thoughts and feelings down and reread them when I'm old and gray. She has a point I guess. I normally wouldn't have listened, but she's really smart and stuff. She said it's 'endearing' or something. I'm not even sure what that means, but she does. And she's younger than me! I haven't a baldy how she does it.

Anyway, I'm getting off track here. I should have probably introduced myself, even though I'm talking to a inanimate object (Yay new word! I think Leah taught me that.). My name is James Andrew Everett Maguire, Jae for short. My parents each wanted the name James, but they also wanted their father's names as well, so out came my three letter name: Jae. Pretty cool, huh?

How about I tell you...where I live? And maybe my family too. Well, for starters, I live in Dublin, Ireland with my two parents and four siblings. I'm the oldest of five kids. It goes me, Liam, Sophie, then the twins Ronan and Ella. I love my family, they're pretty great. I also have three pets: A white ferret named Juno and two sugar gliders: Jasper and Kiwi. I think they're a couple.

Let's see...what else...Oh! I play Gaelic football. It's probably the greatest sport to ever walk on this earth. My whole family plays it. And when I say my whole family, I mean my whole family. All of my cousins, uncles, and everyone else. Even Sophie gets in a game from time to time. My cousin Finn is on the Dublin traveling team. Isn't that bleedin' deadly?! I think it is. It's a rough sport. Every time I play, my aul man always tells me to be dog wide. I'm on a team too you know. It's a little league team thing, but it's totally awesome. Hopefully I'll get to the pros like Finn someday, and like my dad. He retired after they had Liam.

I think the last thing I have to tell you about are my friends. I already said Leah is really smart. Sometimes I don't even understand her, but she's a great person. Danny is really quiet and a year younger than me. I really don't think I've ever met a nicer kid in my entire eight years of life. Legend is...hard to explain. He's insane and also one of the weirdest people I've ever met. You can always get a good craic out of him. Katie is queen. I'm not sure if she told me to say that or I've just heard it so many times that I think it's true. It could be a mixture of both. She and Legend fight all the time. It's actually quite a gallery. Julian is her twin brother and is nothing like her. He's more easy-going. I like him a lot, but I do wish I got to see him more often. He and Leah will both go to Beauxbatons while Katie, Legend, Danny, and myself will go to Hogwarts.

I should probably go now. Leah was right, I do like this thing. But it's dinner time and I think my mommy made sausage and chips! Erm...bye!

-Jae

Irish Slangs:
Haven't a baldy: Haven't a clue.
Bleedin' deadly: Brilliant.
Aul man: Old man (father).
Be dog wide: Be extra vigilant.
Craic: Fun time and good conversation.
Gallery: Great fun.

Last edited by Phoenix 8390; 07-27-2008 at 04:54 AM.