View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 04:45 AM   #420 (permalink)
Angie

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinElizabeth View Post
What is he laughing about?! Mellie wondered, annoyed. Though the Hufflepuff felt a bit embarrassed about the whole situation, she didn't think she'd done anything too awkward or humiliating. Definitely nothing that should cause the boy's laughter or teasing.
Aaron had to be the most confusing, irritating person she'd ever met... well, met wasn't really even the right word; he still hadn't properly introduced himself.

If you didn't want anything, why did you even come over here? the fifth year wanted to ask. But that just seemed too rude. Not that he really deserved her politeness...
Instead, Mellie pretty much just continued to stare. Sweetheart?

"I'm fine," she mumbled. "Just distracted. I'd be able to read if you left me alone," Mellie added quietly. Her cheeks were burning. Why did social situations always make her feel so embarrassed??

And now the boy was looking away, avoiding her gaze for some reason. Maybe he's bored now, and wants to leave... the Prefect mused. But part of her (a very small part, mind you) was hoping he wouldn't go.
Wow. This prefect had clearly no sense of humour. Then again, Prefects weren't exactly the funnier people around--more like the most boring crowd. Besides, girls weren't exactly normal; all their mood swings, giggles, and gossip were pretty typical of them.

And apparently, having no sense of humour wasn't the only thing that characterized Melissa Bruns. She was rude, too. Aaron arched an eyebrow at her. "Manners, Melissa", he replied easily, still staring at his hands. It was so much easier to talk to her, when not looking directly at her. "Aren't Prefects supposed to be the ones setting a good example on the rest of the students, Ms. Bruns? Because If I'm right --And I'm pretty sure that I am-- I don't think that rudeness can be count as setting a good example", peeking to see her reaction as a smirk started to play around the corners of his pale lips, he went on, "Besides, I thought that Hufflepuffs were supposed to be the nice and polite ones". Aaron sighed, faking disappointment, "I guess I was wrong"

Aaron Dawking was starting to have fun. Taunting the Hufflepuff prefect was so easy, much easier than he had expected.

Taunting her might become one of his hobbies. Heheh.