View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #419 (permalink)
ErinElizabeth
Diricawl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aiden Everett
Sixth Year
Erin Jr. | | Dude! Nowai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow_Kovac View Post

How long was it going to take her to notice his presence? Observant Hufflepuff prefect? Not so much. Maybe he could give her some help, to notice that he was sitting beside her? So, yeah, maybe he could give her some help.

Or maybe not.

A low chuckle escape from him, the moment Aaron saw the look on Prefect Bruns' face. He wasn't scary, was he? He was bored, thus, he only was only playing around, and it wasn't his fault, that Melissa happened to be the first person he saw. Okay, that was a lie, for Aaron had seen a lot of people around the Lake that day--Melissa just happened to be the most, um, appealing one to him. Cough.

She didn't seem to be on the mood to talk to him, though. Was Mrs. Hufflepuff prefect giving him the cold shoulder? Hmpf. He frowned at her; giving him the cold shoulder wasn't very polite. Then again, what did he know about manners? He was the one pretty much stalking her, right now.

What he was not expecting was that his particular frown, would quickly vanish from his face, the moment that her eyes held his. And that blush spreading across her cheeks, was certainly not helping him.

"Not really", He replied, a little hoarsely. Clearing his throat, Aaron went on, "Not having much luck with charms, aren't you, sweerheart?". Oookaayy. Clearing his throat had certainly not been much of a help, considering that his voice was almost as hoarse at it had been just seconds ago. Yes, to his enormous surprise Melissa Bruns had that effect on him. He could already feel his cheeks getting hot...

Look away. Look away now! A voice in his head warned him.

And so he did.
What is he laughing about?! Mellie wondered, annoyed. Though the Hufflepuff felt a bit embarrassed about the whole situation, she didn't think she'd done anything too awkward or humiliating. Definitely nothing that should cause the boy's laughter or teasing.
Aaron had to be the most confusing, irritating person she'd ever met... well, met wasn't really even the right word; he still hadn't properly introduced himself.

If you didn't want anything, why did you even come over here? the fifth year wanted to ask. But that just seemed too rude. Not that he really deserved her politeness...
Instead, Mellie pretty much just continued to stare. Sweetheart?

"I'm fine," she mumbled. "Just distracted. I'd be able to read if you left me alone," Mellie added quietly. Her cheeks were burning. Why did social situations always make her feel so embarrassed??

And now the boy was looking away, avoiding her gaze for some reason. Maybe he's bored now, and wants to leave... the Prefect mused. But part of her (a very small part, mind you) was hoping he wouldn't go.