View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 AM   #412 (permalink)
Hermione_loves_Ron

Hungarian Horntail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
November {Noe} Franze
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson {Noel} Corner
Brain Twin | MASTAH ASHURRII | Reisdent PokeNerd | Digifangirl

For Ollie, he never believed that a photograph could ever capture all the colors, even from the dullest of objects. An array of colors existed in everything he looked at and the possibility of catching every tone, every hue, every light reflection was absolutely impossible. Only eyes, he believed, could catch every little color, if one so trained themselves to search it out. No matter how many paintings he did, how many photos he took, he could only catch the rainbows with his own memory, and unfortunately, he knew that even paled in comparison to the real thing. With that thought in mind, he wondered if, years and years from now, he’d still be able to remember Roisin’s hair, and the way the golden sunlight danced upon it and the way the red was so vibrant and bright, and those lighter hues and the darker tones and the way the gold and red mingled to make that gorgeous color.

A nod was his answered, and a few murmured words. “Photography steals the glory.”

Shifting lightly, he sat up a little, lifting his back from the grass and propping his forearms along the ground, bent at the elbow, holding himself up. Cautiously, he peeked out the corner of his eyes, to glance at her hair. The wild mess of untamed curls cascaded everywhere, and looked like licking flames spread round her head in an array of colors. What feeble light existed (so little it was as the clouds rolled in and covered it; large threatening clouds of grey were slowly but surely filling the sky, promising rain in a few hours at most) washed over her and unfortunately, it wasn’t much like it’d been earlier. In fact, the sunlight was almost a silver, with the way the clouds reflected it, though a weak silver quite unlike the strong glow of moon and stars.

How was it possible for such colors to exist in such a small palette? Though certainly, with so much hair it wasn’t SO small, but for golds and reds and auburns and dark reds and almost orange and orange-red and all the such to co-exist so naturally alongside each other, as though they were made for that very curl, befuddled him and amazed him.

It was a few minutes before Ollie realized his gazing at her hair was probably becoming creepy. Tearing his eyes away, they past over hers for a brief moment and he paused, just the briefest of seconds, noticing for the first time their array of colors. What was it with this girl and the most improbable color combinations. Were they grey? Or green? The color was murky, though not in an ugly manner, but a confusing blend that wasn’t quite green and not quite grey. Tippping his head, he contemplated them as he turned to look away.

Were his cheeks pink? Why did he feel so warm? Was he actually flushing? All he’d done was… gazed at her. Ag!

She would probably think him some sort of creeper.

TUNE IN! POTTERWATCH && BOOKCLUB