View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 10:28 AM

Post No mini Harry Potter movies to be shown at theme park (UPDATE #3)

The Sunday Mirror is today reporting that J.K. Rowling has written a new story which is being turned into a mini-movie by the film-makers. It is being created, apparently, for display at The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida, which opens late next year or early in 2010.

According to the newspaper, Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson have all been involved filming the segments at Leavesden Studios in Watford, England. They are said to have been done in between finishing Half-Blood Prince and starting Deathly Hallows.

Quote:
A source said: "They are also working on extra sequences and clips which will be part of the rides.

J.K. Rowling has been involved in everything.

She wrote the story."
We will try to obtain more information and confirmation on this.

UPDATE: A representative from Universal Studios had the following to say on the rumour;

Quote:
"We’re working hard to make the Wizarding World of Harry Potter an exciting and
authentic experience for our guests – but we’re not ready to talk about the
specifics of its development."
Thanks to UHP for the tip!

UPDATE #2
: The MTV Movies blog has spoken to several representatives and they are under the impression that this rumour is true;
Quote:
...the feeling I got from talking on the phone with reps was that something WAS going on, and that they were trying to figure out how best to spin it. I had more than one conversation end with the person I was speaking with promise to send me “information.” Not a statement, not confirmation or a denial. But “information.” Something’s going on, and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to find out that it was a mini-movie.

UPDATE #3:
We have now received word from Warner Bros that there is no truth to the rumours, stating that:

Quote:
Contrary to recent press reports, [J.K. Rowling] has not written scripts for any films based on the Harry Potter 'prequel' (recently written and sold for charity) or otherwise, as part of the theme park or any other purpose.