View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shanners

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
Default Keep The Weasley Grin - Sa9+
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Hey im shannon. I cried while writing this so yeah. Enjoy.

It was the day they all dreaded. The funeral. No-one wanted to go but they loved him so dearly they had to. Everyone was gathered at the burrow. It was decided he was to be buried by the burrow in a field, where they could all visit him. A grave was neatly dug by Mr Weasley and George. They were the only two brave enough and emotionally fit to do it. As the burrow filled with people the coffin was brought in by a horse drawn carriage. Ginny let out a whimper into her hand as the coffin was brought out. Harry, Ron, George and Mr Weasley all lifted it onto their shoulders. It was heavy but they managed it somehow. Their eyes brimmed with tears knowing one of their troops was in the coffin. Mrs Weasley, Bill, Ginny and Hermione followed with hankys clutched in their sweaty palms. Bill had his mothers spare hand gripped in his as she sobbed into her hanky.

Ron turned and saw Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnett and Oliver Wood huddled together fighting back their tears. Angelina however couldn’t handle it as well as the others and broke down seeing the coffin. That didn’t help Ron but he held himself together until he saw Luna and Neville. Just a small smile from the both of them caused tears to rapidly rush down his cheeks. He couldn’t face the fact having to live without his brother. The days without him had been hard enough for them all but a lifetime? He didn’t know how they would do it.

The table seemed further and further away each step for George. All he wanted to do was open the coffin and see his twin grinning back up at him once more. He couldn’t face life without his twin. He gave his mother a faint smile as she sat down sobbing into Bill's chest. It was horrible for them all but not as much as it was for him. He had lost his best friend, his partner in crime. He had lost a part of himself. Why wasn’t it him that had died? Not this many people would come to his funeral. Finally they placed the coffin on the table and Mr. Weasley stepped back and walked to join his wife and daughter, holding himself together for them. Harry and Ron followed but joined Hermione before breaking down themselves but not too much as to embarrass themselves.

George looked at them all before taking a piece of parchment out of his robe pocket. He unfolded it carefully and moved the microphone so he could speak into it. A single tear rolled down his cheek and off onto the parchment smudging the ink.

“Ladies and gentlemen. Oh and Ronald of course.”
His younger brother chuckled. He felt it right to make people laugh at that moment in time. “We are here today to celebrate my brothers life. Me and Fred. Well we terrorised everyone. Especially Aunt Muriel but I never once thought I would have to stand here and say goodbye. You just never think it. He was my twin, my best friend and my partner in crime. We would do everything together. Anything for each other. When he met Angelina I was jealous. I honestly thought I would lose him to her. But I didn’t and I love them both even more for that. Fred, Im sorry for everything I did and I love you. And true love never dies. Does it? You will always be the shine in my life. A part of me is dead inside of you but a part of you will always live on in me until I die. And hopefully longer than that. Fred Weasley let the Weasley grin stay on your face forever. I love you so much.” He smiled and placed a number of whoopee cushions on the coffin as it was lowered into the grave and filled it.

“Have a fart bro.” He chuckled to himself and began to walk away. As he walked away he began to feel his eyes brimming with tears and he broke down. The tears stained his face even more as he cried continuously into his knees. Before he knew it he felt arms around him and he was getting covered in tears. His friends and family.

Later that day, the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione all stood in the field by the grave as George placed the head stone down and engraved it.

Fred Weasley
Son; Brother and Best Friend.
Your grin will never be forgotten.

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________