View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Default Occ. Gracie I changed the title for Benny's story XD But I liked wat you had :P
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

A Forgotten Tomato

”Tomato must get a tomato. Tomato. I want a tomato!” These thoughts ran across a certain five year olds mind. The patter of his bare feet across the wood floor, echoed across the shiny surface. There was a forbidden silence in the house, but it didn’t faze Obie Mathews Venezula at all. He was too young to sense that something wasn’t right.

When he finally reached the living room, two pair of hazel eyes scanned the room for his parents. Spotting his father at his desk, Obie ran to him with high spirits. He skidded to a halt in front of him with a wild grin on his face.

“Papa!” The little boy said cheerfully. His papa turned away from his work on his desk to look upon his son. A grim look was on his face that Obie didn’t understand. Obie looked around the living room once more, looking for his mother. “Where is mama?”

“She has left por something importante.” He replied in broken English. The look on his papa’s face was really starting to confuse him. His smile began to slip.

“Why so sad papa?’ Obie asked, tilting his head. At the question, his papa seemed to realize something and a smile was painted on his face. He reached over and picked Obie up into the air.

“Nada is wrong Mathew. Do you want a tomato?” his papa chuckled, walking toward the kitchen with Obie still in his arms.

“Sí! Sí! Sí! Yes!” Obie said excitedly. He let himself be set down on the ground so his papa could get him the red fruit. As the fridge opened, Obie began jumping up and down ecstatically. When the red fruit was in sight, the five year old began to clap gleefully. His father couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of his son. He had raised one strange child.

Unlike his mama, who cut the tomato into slices, his papa just gave him the whole tomato. Obie liked that because it was messier. He loved biting into the red fruit and all the juice squishing out everywhere.

Just as the tomato was handed over, a faint ‘pop’ was heard in the living room. His papa looked up so fast, he almost dropped the tomato. His eyes grew wide and he told Obie to eat his tomato in the kitchen. With that, he left hurriedly for the living room. Obie shrugged off his papa’s urgency and went to go peak at who arrived.

His papa was hugging some lady! The lady was crying. Why was she crying? Did somebody hurt her? Why was she hugging his papa? Questions and confusion ran through the five year olds head, when the embrace ended and he saw who the lady was.

“Mama?” Obie said, walking slowly into the living room, still holding the uneaten tomato. In all his life, Obie had never seen his mama cry. Even when his papa’s mama died, she didn’t cry. His mama and his grandmamma were really close, so to see tears streaming down her face now frightened the little boy. He didn’t even recognize his own mama!

“Mathew, I said eat your tomato in the kitchen.” His papa said, looking at him sternly.

“Its ok San.” His mama said and motioned for him to come to her. Obie ran to her at full speed and hugged her legs tightly, dropping his tomato onto the floor.

Loosening his grip on her legs, his mama lifted him into her arms. He was a small boy, so she was still able to hold her son with ease.

“Its ok bebe. Mama is here.” She whispered soothingly into his ear. “Why are you still awake. Its so late.” She said with a soft smile.

“I wanted to say buenos noches to you before I went to bed.” Obie said quietly into her shoulder. His mama gave a light chuckle and kissed his forehead. She then began to rock him slowly back and forward, like she did when he was younger. Obie held onto her neck tightly, still scared.

When she began to sing softly the lullaby she sang to him when he was sad or afraid, his body began to loosen on her neck and he slowly felt his eyelids close.

The next thing he knew, she was setting him down onto his bed. His Pluto shaped night light was turned on, and the door of his room was slowly being shut. Obie sat up and looked around. He then climbed out of his red car shaped bed. Looking down, he saw that he had his pajamas on. When did he get those go on? With the purple glow from his planet shaped night-light, he tiptoed toward his door and walked into the hallway. This time, the eerily silence ran through his ears. Walking toward the voices talking, he found himself in front of the den, unseen by both his parents.

“What happened? Was it really your brother?” Santana asked.

“Yes. My brother is alive. Banged up. But not dead.” Jodie replied. She was no longer crying. Her tough demeanor was back up, the one where the need to protect others was strong.

“Pero yo pienso él-“

“English dear.” Jodie smiled.

“Sorry.” He grinned bashfully. “I thought he-he was killed during a mission.”

“I thought so too. I guess he was kidnapped. This man, Remington McClane-“

“McClane. That sounds so familiar.”

“Blair McClane. She works at the ministry too. Remington is her brother. He was in love with Emmylyne. He sent her creepy letters and brainwashed her daughter. My niece. Lainie. Emmy didn’t tell people anybody about the letters though. He was sending her letters even when she was still with Ben. She never told him. I guess Remington wanted Emmy for himself, so he kidnapped Ben.” Jodie finished.

“Aye. Lo siento, Jodina.” Santana said, wrapping his arms around his wife.

“He is safe. I’m fine now.” She said, but didn’t move from out of his arms.

“What is going to happen to Lainie?”

Slowly Obie’s head fell to the floor. His hazel eyes flickered open every few minutes, trying to stay awake. He fought sleep for as long as he could. He wanted to know what was going to happen to Lainie. He barely understood anything his mama and papa were talking about. Remington? Who was that? Keed-naping? What was that? Is where all the kids had to take naps? And Ben. Wasn’t Uncle Ben in heaven? But one thing he did understand was Lainie.

“She will be ok. She was really shaken up about the whole ordeal. But she will heal.”

“Where is she going to stay? Is Emmy…going to be…fair about it?”

“Of course she is. Emmylyne is like a sister to me and she would never keep her child from her own father. Lainie is going to be staying with Emmy and let Ben go over whenever he likes. She has to slowly reintroduce her to Ben again, but they will be ok.” Jodie said without hesitation. “The weird thing was, as they were all talking afterwards, Blair was saying something about there might be two of them.”

“Like twins?” Santana asked. He moved a piece of pitch-black hair from away from his eyes curiously.

“Yes. After Remington was gone for sure-“

“Wait. Gone for sure? He was still in the house?!”

“Yes. He attacked Benjamin and Axel. I guess he wanted to get rid of Axel too. He tried to kidnap Emmylyne also.”

“Are you ok?” Santana asked, looking at every inch of his wife.

“I’m fine. I didn’t see him. He is gone. So don’t worry any more.”

“That’s fantastic Jodina. How did Jenny take it?”

But Obie will never know how is aunt Jenny took it, as his eyelids shut for good and he was off into dreamland.