View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 09:16 PM

Post New interview & photo with Slugclub member & Tom Riddle's classmate actor

A new interview with Guy Mannerings (one of Tom Riddle's classmates in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) has surfaced, where he discusses the novels, the upcoming movie, and his degree in law.

Quote:
Have you already shot scenes of Half-Blood Prince? In which scenes are you present?

I have shot some scenes in Half-Blood Prince, all of which were a joy to do. Each scene in Harry Potter is very different to film; some take days, some take only hours, but they are all always fun to do, and it's great to see how a big-budget film is put together. I play a character from the 1940s/1950s in a young Tom Riddle era, and did scenes surrounding this.

Which members of the cast did you meet?

I was lucky enough to work with Jim Broadbent, which included doing a small improvisation with him and some other actors. He was fantastic, and his voice could be heard on the other side of the studio! I have met a number of actors and actresses on the Harry Potter sets, for example, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Maggie Smith, Jim Broadbent, Shefali Chowdhury, etc. They were all very different characters in themselves, but all charming and great to work with. I was also lucky enough to work with some of my close friends, who are great actors, such as Tommy Chambers and Jon Overton.
You can read the whole interview by clicking on the spoiler tag.

SPOILER!!: Click Me!

BlogHogwarts: Had you read any of the Harry Potter books before you obtained the role?

Guy Mannerings: I had read the first three books before working on the 4th film, but, unfortunately, time has meant that I have not read any further in the series!

BH: Have you already shot scenes of Half-Blood Prince? In which scenes are you present?

GM: I have shot some scenes in Half-Blood Prince, all of which were a joy to do. Each scene in Harry Potter is very different to film; some take days, some take only hours, but they are all always fun to do, and it's great to see how a big-budget film is put together. I play a character from the 1940s/1950s in a young Tom Riddle era, and did scenes surrounding this.

BH: How do you feel about being in a Harry Potter film?

GM: Being in Harry Potter is a lot of fun, and it's great to be part of the magic of the story. I just hope the magic comes across on screen!

BH: Which members of the cast did you met?

GM: I was lucky enough to work with Jim Broadbent, which included doing a small improvisation with him and some other actors. He was fantastic, and his voice could be heard on the other side of the studio! I have met a number of actos and actresses on the Harry Potter sets, for example, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Maggie Smith, Jim Boradbent, Shefali Chowdhury, etc. They were all very different characters in themselves, but all charming and great to work with. I was also lucky enough to work with some of my close friends, who are great actors, such as Tommy Chambers and Jon Overton.

BH: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself, and the projects in which you are involved?

GM: I have just finished a degree in law with film at Oxford Brookes University, and will be going on to a post-graduate course in legal practice next year at Oxford. I have been acting since I was fifteen, and have a Grade 8 with Distinction in Acting from Guildhall School of Music and Drama, and a Grade 7 in Group Performance from Trinity Guildhall. I love to act, but I also produce. I am currently producing an international feature film (working title: "Life Lines") with the aim of raising money for charity, and I am also developing two TV shows; one will be a charity fundraiser, and the other is a new teen drama series concept set in Oxford. I am also currently learning guitar properly (I have been teaching myself for 4/5 years), so keep an eye on MySpace and YouTube for some performances!!

Please check out my website - Guy Mannerings for updates!!

Also, a new headshot has been posted. You can view it here in our gallery and also below.

Source: Blog Hogwarts.