View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 03:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
alyweasley
Gryffindor
Sgt. Gryffindor
Perfect Premolars!
Puffskein

x3
GFD Graphics Stage Love

Edith walked up to the guest book and the Pensieve on the table. She picked up the ornate quill and signed her name, Edith Griffiths.
She walked over to the Penseive and thought of a memory. She stood for a while. Her mind had gone completely blank. Then she thought of one. She put her wand to her temple and drew out a long silver thread. She tapped her wand and the thread fell from the end and into the Pensieve, where it swirled around with the other memories.

Her first ever memory of the Minister. She was a young teenager, following her mother through the Ministry to the Court Rooms. Her father was on trial for being a Dark Arts Sympathiser. She really didn't want to be there. She didn't care if her father was sent to Azkaban for life. It would teach him to be a bad person. She passed the Minister of Magic, Brennan Cooper. He gave her a weak smile, boardering on a frown. He obviously knew why she was here. She tried a smile back. It didn't work.
Her father was sitting in a chair in the middle of the Courtroom chained to the seat, flanked by Dementors. Her mother had cast a patronus and it was pacing in front of them, sheilding them from the affect of the Dementors. Minister Cooper had a frown set deeply on his face and was listening to what her father had to say. He was lieing, and it was obvious.
Minister Cooper was standing up, Joseph Griffiths. I sentence you to a life time imprisonment in Azkaban for the crimes discussed today. Case closed."
Her mother was sobbing deliriously. Edith was ecstatic! The Minister walked over to them and turned to Edith, "I am sorry for your loss," he said, a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him and smiled.
"Thank you. But it is not much of a loss. More a freedom. Thank you."
He smiled back. The memory goes black

Edith smiled at her memory as she remembered that happy part of that day. Her mother had flogged her went they got home, but she didn't think of that part, only Minister Cooper's kindness. She hoped she would actually meet him one day, and now she was working for him. She smiled again and walked away, in the direction of the gift table.

Siggie and avvie made by BanaBatGirl from The Batcave