View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Hollister
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shannon 'Shan' Parker
Fourth Year
x2
JGL ♥ | Wifey + SexyCPR = RAWR. | Co-Inceptor♥ | CHLOCHLO! | Rollie = My Ship

Thankyou guys for reading
Ok, so losing readers That scares me a bit. But here's the next chapter anyway

Miles had been working at Cassie and Louise's cafe for 2 weeks now. He loved it. Most of the chair's and tables were outside at the back of the cafe. Sylvia always came by to visit, there were flowers of all sorts in this garden. Mr Parker would drop her off on the way to work.
It had now been 4 weeks, and Sylvia seemed less and less happy than she used to be. She stopped drawing pictures, she stopped hugging Miles, and soon after, she stopped visiting him at the cafe.
Miles came home, it was Friday. He didn't have to work on weekends. "Sylvia?" His voice echoed in the hall. He walked into the garden, she wasn't there. Sylvia was normally the one who watered the flowers, but they were starting to go a funny brown colour, she had been neglecting them. Something was wrong.
"Sylvia!" Miles called again, no answer. He then heard something in his room. It couldn't of been Sylvia, she never went into his room if he wasn't in there. But she was, she was tying some parchment to the house owl, and let it fly.
"What was that?" He asked, walking up to her. She jumped and turned around. "Sylvia, what's wrong? You've been acting so weird lately. You can tell me?" Sylvia shook her head and walked downstairs. Miles walked to the window, he couldn't see the owl.

He heard Sylvia downstairs, she was locking the door. "What are you doing? Sylvia, tell me." But she wouldn't listen, she then walked into the living room and sat in her dad's armchair, and continued to read.
There was a knock at the door. Miles tried to ignore it to see what was wrong with his sister, but she was ignoring him completely. He gave up and walked to the door. "Who is it?"
"It's me, Cassie." Miles smiled and tried to open the door, he then remembered.
"Hold on a second!" He called from the other side of the door. "Sylvia." He stopped when Sylvia wasn't in the living room. "Sylvia? Have you got the key to the door?" He yelled in the hall. No answer.
"Cass, my sister has locked the door and I can't find her, I'll be there in a minute." He said, and walked into the dining room. There was a large window which Miles opened. He was about to climb out when something grabbed onto his leg.
"Sylvia, let me go." He said, trying not to raise his voice. Sylvia started sniffing and soon she would burst into tears. Miles climbed back in and gave her a hug, whilst doing so, he took the door key out of her little pocket. "Tell me, or show me what's wrong later. Kay?"
She shook her head and tightened her grip around him.
"Sylvia, I need to go see Cassie." He whispered quietly. He picked her up and sat her back in the living room. Miles then unlocked the door and opened it.
"Sorry about that, sister problems."
"It's OK" Cassie smiled. Cassie had never been to Miles' house before, and she was amazed at how they had no television, computer, or electricity apart from appliances for cooking.
"Wow. Your house is so eco-friendly." She nodded. Miles raised his eyebrow. Eco what? He let that pass and gestured her to come into the garden. Whilst walking there, he saw Sylvia in the living room, shaking her head at him. He didn't understand, what was wrong with her? He really wanted to help.
Miles and Cassie both sat in the middle of the garden.
"The reason I came here Miles, was .." Cassie trailed off, she saw Sylvia in the doorway, staring at both of them. Miles followed Cassie's gaze to the door, there was no one there.
"You were saying?" Miles said.
"Oh yes. Well, it's quite difficult to say actually. But .." She trailed off again. Cassie let out a sigh and looked away. "I really like you."
Miles stared at Cassie. "Oh." He said, and started to smile slightly. "That's very nice of you."
Cassie giggled and felt her face go slightly red. "I just wanted to let you know, just incase you feel the same."
Miles did. In a way, but he had this horrible feeling in the back of his head, he wasn't sure what it was. Like something else mattered, and that Cassie's feeling weren't helping. Were making the bad thing stronger. "Yeah." He responded quietly.
"Yes?" Cassie's face lit up. Miles nodded and Cassie smiled. "OK. Well, my mum let me have a day off on Sunday, do you want to meet me at the park?" She asked him.
"Yeah sure." He smiled. Cassie inhaled deeply and stood up.
"Well, I'll see you then." she smiled and walked out of the garden. Miles lay back on the grass and stared up at the sky. After a few minutes, he felt something hit him in the face, he was half a sleep so he over reacted. Sylvia had slapped him with her little hand and she was fuming. "Sylvia, what was that for?" He said, rubbing his cheek. She plopped herself opposite him and folded her arms. "What?" Miles asked, sounding agitated. "Why are you being so horrible to me lately??"
Sylvia looked at the ground and back up at him again, she had an apologetic face.

"MILES VINCENT PARKER!" There was a loud thud of the door slamming and his father's voice could be heard from a mile away. Miles had already turned around to hear what it was.
".. Sylvia what have you.." He turned back round. Sylvia was gone.