View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
BreBear
Formerly: im_dans_girl07
Hufflepuff
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Asher Weston Hawthorne
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kenedie Taryn Hawthorne
International Cooperation
The Todd *high five* l l Mmmm... bacon.

My, oh my, Deathly Hallows. The last book in the Harry Potter series *tear. It was an amazing ending to the amazing series. It was everything I hoped for in the book. Harry stayed alive and showed that even though he wasn't especially great at school & such like Hermione, he was smart enough to beat the darkest wizard of all time, especially since he had courage. I wanna try & do a chapter by chapter review, but I'm gonna look @ the chapter titles & try & remember so it might be a rough one lol.

DEDICATION: Sorry, I just had to say that I loved the dedication. It in itself almost made me cry because I have been with Harry all the way to the end

CHAPTER 1: THE DARK LORD ASCENDING

I like how it starts out with Voldemort. It gives an update on what he is up to, and it would have been awkward if it had been in some other spot in the book. I also love how this chapter shows the madness of Bellatrix Lestrange, the fear of the Malfoys, and the way that Voldemort truly is a mad lunatic.

CHAPTER 2: IN MEMORIAM

Oh my goodness. By the end of this chapter, I was seriously crying. Reading about Albus Dumbledore, the great man he was, and remembering that he was gone seriously made me feel like I knew him. The blue eye in the mirror thing set up a mystery that I was eager to figure out, which was good. A tiny detail that I loved was when Harry was looking through his trunk, there were things from his past years to make me remember like the Potter Stinks badge. Rita Skeeter's thing on Dumbledore made me SO mad, but it set up suspense. It was very...Rita-ish.

CHAPTER 3: THE DURSLEYS DEPARTING

I def. agree with someone that it sucked that when the Dursleys (esp. Dudley) turned out alright, they were never seen again. However, I do think it was the best way to depart from them. I'm glad we got to experience that hidden side of Dudley. It cracked me up how Uncle Vernon couldn't decide to stay or go. Lol. I really wanted to know what Petunia had to say to Harry that she didn't say...darn.

CHAPTER 4: THE SEVEN POTTERS

What a clever idea, disguising themselves all as Harry. It was extremely brave. I just knew something was going to go wrong, and sure enough the Death Eaters & Voldemort himself showed up. I pretty much cried when Hedwig died. When Harry first entered the Wizarding World, Hedwig & Hagrid were all he had, but Hedwig had been with him ever since. :/ it was really sad. It also mystified me how Harry's wand acted by itself. I was really scared that Hagrid was dead. This chapter was pretty scary! Oh & ps: Tonks & Lupin got married! That was exciting.

CHAPTER 5: FALLEN WARRIOR

:/ Mad Eye died. That was seriously really sad, especially with how sad Tonks was. I was relieved to see that everyone else was still alive, even though it grossed me out that George was missing an ear. This chapter, to me, let it all sink in how serious this war was going to be. I was relieved to know that Hagrid was okay. The look into Voldemort's mind was crucial. It showed that he was worried & that he had Ollivander.

CHAPTER SIX: THE GHOUL IN PAJAMAS

This chapter...it marked the strength of Harry, Ron & Hermione's friendship. It marked the worrying woes of Mrs. Weasley, her not wanting them to go off on whatever business that they had to get done. I understand her worry, but it really kind of annoyed me that she kept them apart. They had stuff to get done! This chapter also showed Ginny's worry to Harry being gone, meaning she obviously still cared for him (: ugggh & this chapter again showed harry's scars on his hands that that Evil UMBRIDGE left there -_- awww, this chapter had a portion where Ron jumped up to hug Hermione; it was super sweet & showed that he cared about her. I almost cried when Hermione explained what she had done with her parents. That took bravery; Ron's attempt was comic, but smart. It was good to learn more about horcruxes. Finally, Harry's guilt was eating away @ him that he was causing everyone so much worry & pain.

CHAPTER SEVEN: THE WILL OF ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

1st paragraph foreshadows something to come with Voldemort. Interesting. It was crazy to know that Harry was finally 17, an adult in the wizarding world. I stilllll remember when he was just barely 11. Aw. the best part of the chapter (okay, the sappiest) was the Harry & Ginny scene. They kissed. (: STUPID Ron interrupted -_- Dumbledore's will was sooo mysterious. He knew instinctively obviously that Harry would be taking Ron & Hermione. However, I had no clue why he had left any of the things he did. It was also tricky why the Snitch hadn't opened. Harry TOLD OFF Scrimgeour & I was happppy.

I will finish my reviews sometime soooon.
I loved this book so much that i'm willing to spend some serious time reviewing it.
Gotta go take a shower or else I'd keep going. See ya.