View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #52 (permalink)
Zellanna

DoM & DERP
Slytherin Slytherin
Knarl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Armand Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Damien Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Armand Erikson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Slade Erikson
Mysteries
Slytherin by heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenster View Post
"To see how rubbish we are at Herbology," Marco smiled.
"Good guess, Marco. 1 point."

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbaby View Post
Heather thought about it for a second then raised her hand and said,"So that when we come back with a plant that is messed up a bit you can show us where we went wrong and explain how to fix it if possible."
"Certainly helps. 2 points."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs999 View Post
Oo, Oo, he knew this one! "Because their your plants and you want to know what happens to them!" he answered as truthfully as he could. He hoped he was correct.
"I can't say it hasn't occurred to me. 2 points."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathEater24601 View Post
'So you can review what we've done and use it to help teach us what we are doing incorrectly, if anything." Diabolica answered.
"Very good. 3 points."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie..x View Post
Noticing Amelia sit near her, Vanessa gave her a smile as she wrote down some notes on her parchment. Looking back at the front of the classroom, she thought for a second before raising her hand. "So that we can learn how different plants require a certain way to be taken care of"
"It helps, but not quite. 1 point."

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaSnape View Post
"As a learning tool... So that you can evaluate what our process was and give us constructive feedback, teaching us what we did correctly and what we could do differently for a better result." Xana said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerCassandraTrelawney View Post
"So you can see where we need the most help, and assist us accordingly." Cassandra answered. She glared at Xana. It wasn't being a Hufflepuff, it was the truth, and she was an idiot for not seeing it.
"Yes, very good, Xana, Cassandra. 3 points to each of you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
"So that you can see the techniques we are using and what types of products we are using on the plant. How we treat and look after the plant, so that you can see what we are doing wrong" Kayla said quietly. "Or to give us points for doing it right" she added jokingly.
"It certainly does help. 3 points."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathEater24601 View Post
"Yes, journals are helpful so he can point and laugh at our work." Diabolica smirked in response to Marco's comment.
Armand only eyed Dia for the comment and moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow_Kovac View Post
"Because that way you can keep track of our mistakes, and then correct them?" Mistakes such as killing a plant. Just like she had done with hers.
"It certainly helps," he said, eying her plant, "most of the time. 2 points."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinSistah View Post
'Why WOULD he have us keep journals?' Claudian gave some thought to this. Although he wanted to give a deeper answer, he didn't want to risk venturing off topic. "Is it because you want us to remember the things we've actually learned in your Herbology class, Professor? And to monitor our own learning, not just the growth and responses of the plant." He asked, though he didn't think the Professor was that altruistic. Not anymore.
"Very good, Claudian. 3 points."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
"Perhaps not only to identify where we have gone wrong, but also to see if we have been more experimentative or used different ideas and then have a recorded entry of the affect on a plant. For example where we have been allowed to choose our own fertiliser in the past. In that sense you can test several procedures on a plant and review the outcomes without having to use further plants perhaps?" Hermy frowned, trying to give a different answer to those before her.
"Ah, excellent points, Hermy." He calculated quickly. Yes, Slytherin had a good number of points already. "4 points."

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaSnape View Post
"Yes, in an experimental situation especially, it would be beneficial to have the log books of a variety of herbologists as they applied different care methods to similar plants; you could generate a trend report based on the results of each students' work and determine the best potential care techniques for the plant species as a whole that way." Xana hypothesized.
He nodded. "Such things are also useful in the Ministry. Those of you who are aiming for a Ministry position, take note of this. 4 points."

"Now I've read through your journals and I can't say I'm entirely pleased, so this lesson will have quite the focus on your journaling techniques. Before we get started, however, I want to backtrack for a short time into the last lesson. For those of you who have a living, blossoming konkagami, why don't you give me an interpretation of the flower that you have. For those who don't currently have one that is blossoming, if it did blossom in the time I was gone feel free to describe it."