Thread: Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 03:54 AM   #54 (permalink)
XanaSnape
Dark Force Defense League
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Former Professor Valon Kazimeriz
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
(Former) Aryanna (Xana) Slughorn , Slug & Jiggers Apothecary
Kool-Aid, Oh Yeah! | | SS Mischief Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellanna View Post
"I'd gotten it shortly after the incident at the encampment. After Slade left. He said he can't return quite yet, by the way. Whatever he's after, he's close. He will meet with you as soon as he returns." He paused a moment as he opened up the storage shed. "He also chided me briefly for attempting to obliviate you. He said that it was our fault for trying to keep you out of it. I still stand by my decision, however. Our lives were irrevocably changed when we began into this, well over a decade ago. It consumed Slade, and tore us apart. We're trying to keep her from turning you into another player. If we fail, She will go after you. If you are strong, you will be consumed. If you are weak--" He just couldn't finish it. He had seen what happened to the weak. It's what would happen to he and Slade if they failed in their own attempts.

"That day, by the Shrieking Shack... Slade mentioned what was happening. When he stopped, you kept pushing. You wanted to know more. When that happened, someone else was listening. She knew she could turn you into another player. She's the one that met you on Valentine's Day."
Xana held the box delicately, not moving to open it. She watched him cautiously, choosing her words as carefully as one might cross a rickety bridge... each word a delicate step forward as she spoke in a calm, low tone. She stood before him. tall and steady, drawing upon her training for inner strength. "I appreciate your efforts to keep me out of... this. It was perhaps as you say, and my folly -- my inquisitiveness -- is what brought me deeper into your world and Slade's than I realized, bringing with it dangers I did not perceive such seemingly simple questions could bring. While I object to you drawing your wand against me, sir, I recognize that you feel you were justified." Which is why I no longer feel safe around you; why I fear you so. No one ever believes he is a villian, only... 'justified'. she thought. "I hope that you and Slade succeed in your endeavours and continue to keep me out of things, for in that wish we are of like mind." She smiled slightly, but her smile did not touch her eyes. "I want no part of this. Any of it."