View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
beautifulmine
Hufflepuff
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexis Ducky Boge
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hagrid View Post
Nicoli turned and walked to the Chocolate Frogs, standing next to Aaron. He obviously wasn't getting at the fact that he was talking in code. Anyone could listen in and know exactly what they were talking about. Even the thief, or someone who knew him. "Yes, it does seem he didn't have much in mind," he picked up one of the frogs, trying to not imagine it being alive and real. "But he's extremely good at what he does," he said slowly, "and he's not exactly open about it."
Aaron looked around the shop, the tired shopkeeper was still doing her books, Aaron wonder if it was a good idea to be doing that with custmors still in the shop, Aaron then turned to Nicoli "it is a very secretive business."

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaSnape View Post
Taffy Duke continued her accounting, neatly stacking the galleons on the shop's counter as she counted them again. Her ostrich quill moved quickly against the parchment of her ledger as she balanced her books and made notes on the inventory.

She glanced up and noticed not one customer, but... three? She was surprised-- she hadn't noticed them before. Perhaps they had been back in the tall aisles near the back; that part of the shop was hard to see from the counter. Three more sales instead of one, then, and then I'm upstairs to rest me tired feet. she thought with a shrug.

"'ello, gentlemen; 'Tis close to closin' up time, it is. Can I 'elp ye find anythin'?" she said, addressing all three men at once as she paused her accounting to check her stock of peppermint humbugs; they had been a popular item today. Sure enough, they were sold out. She made a mental note to restock them before opening in the morning - she was too tired to venture into the basement tonight.
Aaron looked up when the shopkeeper yelled out, he felt sorry for her, running this shop couldn't be easy, He remembers when he was at Hogwarts the hell the kids including himself had put the shopkeepers through, He grabbed 3 chocolate frogs and a sugar quill, then pulled out his wallet from inside of his robes, "I've found what i was looking for thanks" Aaron then tunred back to Nicoli, worried the others hadn't turned up yet.