View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
D.A Forever
Dark Force Defense League

DMC & SA
Banshee

x2 x3
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

Okay, I'm not so pleased with this one myself, but I said I'd post it anyways so were we are. Each of the characters used and mentioned belong to me. Enjoy

Lessons of the Heart-
Here I stood, on a dock, being literally soaked by the rain pouring down around me. Tears streaking my pale cheeks were unnoticeable, as was my silent crying aside from the obvious pink and puffiness to my eyes.

How did I, or how could I cause this mess, without even knowing I was?

He was gone; he had taken the soonest flight out to Arizona, just today. I hadn't known till arriving home, Graciela and Anthony told me he left. And suddenly, at that moment hearring those words, it was like dropping a heart made out of glass, or felt that way. I hadn't even said goodbye. Not that I would have said goodbye, but that was besides the point.

The point was, it was over before I even knew of 'it'. What was 'it'? You ask? I don't even know anymore.

Maybe I should start from the begining..

My name is Regina Aideen Mae, and this is my story.

At seventeen and a half years old, I graduated from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. I, came from a magical family. Well, part magical, part 'normal'. I was mom and dad's second daughter, third born child, of (to this day) seven girl's and three boy's.

Very, very shortly after graduating I had made the dicision to move, far from my family. Being a witch, it would be easy to stay in contact with them though. Right? That was just it. I didn't want to stay in contact, not by magic, in any form. I wanted to go off on my own journey, I wanted to learn what it felt like, and how to be a muggle, no magic at all. I wanted to see wanted to see what I was or was not missing; I wanted a different life.

Mom wasn't pleased, at all to be exact. Dad, didn't mind. In someway, I think he appreciated my deep thought into the whole 'muggle' thing. After all, he was one. I'd like to think they both found atleast the tiniest bit of comfort knowing I would be roommates with a friend I had made during summer that ended my third year of wizarding school. She, though, wasn't a witch but a squib (Not a nastily bitter one either, mind you). It was awhole nother story on how we met. So, we'll continue this one, and I believe...this is where we'll start:

As I pushed open a door, loud cheerful voices reached my ears. The air becoming thicker, and moist, sort of like a steamy sauna but not close to being as intense.

"No running" I said sing-songishly to two younger kids zooming past; probably headed for the lap-pool since they were leaving activites/kids-pool towards the otherside of the split, very large room. Either that or one of them really needed a restroom.

Where was I? At my work of course. My job, working at an activity center. A very big place, it was. Upstairs held the work-out room, amonst the play room for those of whom wanted to drop their kids of with the 'kiddiecorner Nanny'. Ironically although nannies were normally woman, or all the ones Regina had seen and heard of, Mike was definitely a guy. He was great keeping the children happy and entertained though, and had fun doing it.

Downstairs had the two indoor pools, hot-tub, locker/changing rooms, and rock-climbing towards the front; middle of the building. A games room with many cushy seats, books and magazines here and there for relaxing. Lastly on the farthest left hand side, there was the gymnasium. Every tuesdays, thursdays and occasional sundays we would pull out the gymnastics mats and equiptment; those days I get to run the show on my own, teaching kids from one age group to the next in seperate lessons.

No one that knew me growing up, would have thought of me being a person to work with kids. I wouldn't have either if someone told me this would happen, five years earlier. I work with people of all ages, though. Still, I love my job.

"Having fun?" Laughed a young woman as I moved from a splash coming my way, standing about three inches taller then I, with a lightly tanned complexion and straight blonde hair that went just to her the middle of her back. She, like I, wore red shorts that had a white stripe down the sides, and a white tanktop covering my bathingsuit, 'Lifeguard' also printed across the front in the same red. "Don't you have an exam coming up in afew days? You should be at home, Gina."

Yes, I not only had to balance work, but I was taking a number of college courses. "I do, and I'll manage just fine. You know me, Fedora." I replied, cool as a cucumber. Giving my muggle friend a kind smile. "I'm just leaving now, anywho. Tell Ja-"

"Tell me wha?" Interrupted a man, arms crossed lazily over his head of short light brown spiked hair. Ice blue eyes gleamed, turning on one girl to the other, both of whom he worked with.

"Conceited, aren't you?" Fedora remarked, eyebrow raised. He was quick to assume he was being mentioned; dork. "Shouldn't you be watching over the swimmers? your on duty.." My head titled to the side.

"Ehh, Let 'em fend for themselves for a minute" Jacob yawned, ignoring the evil look Fedora threw at him. The twenty-one year old huffed out of annoyance, but turned a softer expression to me as I said my goodbyes for the day.

---
I arrived home, as I closed the door behind myself, leaving flipflops and bag at the door, the wonderful scent of my roommates home-made pizza filled my nostrils, forming a smile on my glossy coral pink lips. "Hello Anthony," I beamed, greeting the tall, blonde young man. He was another friend that I had, since my move here. He and my roommate went further back though, not to my surprise.

"How was work? Where is Gracie-" My question went unfinished, Graciela practically flew into the room, checking on the oven before anything else. It also didn't come as a shock that both of my best friends work at a local restaurant.

"Just lovely; flying crab cakes-"

"Yo, Reg. You need to tell that guy-"

I blinked, watching one then the other. Cutting across Anthony whom cut across Graciela, abruptly. "Devon"

Brown eyes narrowed at the wizard's name, "Yeah, Moreton. If my cousin wasn't muggleborn, you'd be busted by now- god knows how Trent hasn't figured it out yet" Anthony grunted, plopping down into a barstool at the counter. "When are you gonna tell him, anyways?"

"I'm not" I replied, flatly, moving to grab a bottle of water from the fridge. "I'm guessing what 'Tony was trying to say, was Devon dropped in again?" I frowned, uncertainly.

Devon Moreton is a well-skilled, handsome, gentlemen twenty-two years of age. A pureblooded french wizard, of whom I had gone to school with back then; He had graduated a year earlier then I. He had asked me out in my fifth year, and we were still together. No that didn't break my 'no use of magic' rule, I hadn't touched my wand in probably three years nor did I travel often by magic, only on special or emergency occasions. Devon was the one that did the traveling; he also was quite busy, being head of the aurors at the ministry in France, but he respected my disicions and didn't argue. -- Now if only we could stop playing this annoying little game of tag. I missed him, alot.

Running a hand through light brown strands, Gracie nodded. Hazel eyes meeting my gaze, "You might want to go get ready, he wants you to meet him for dinner."

--
Now, we're gonna cut that part. Your all probably curious about if I did, indeed, go to dinner with Devon? I had. And he proposed.

Did I accept? You be the judge.

Devon is an amazing man. He's everything I ever wanted in a boyfriend, and husband. Literally. He's the sort of person I use to dream about for the future, when I was a little girl. Yeah, I was no different from the other little girl's that always wondered who their 'Prince charming' was.

He is the prince I use to dream about, he fits the part perfectly. He always knows just what to say, to make things better; if only I could say the same..

He sounds like my soulmate right?

Then why does he mean nothing to me?

I don't know why either.

I didn't accept the engagement.

I couldn't.

I love him. . .as a friend.

Yes, He was the one I had dreamt of as my prince and it's taken me twenty-two years to realize: Everything you might want, isn't everything you need.

And what was even sadder, is it's true. People really don't realize what they have, till it's gone.

I, again learned that the hard way.

Trenton, my best guy friend, was gone. I hadn't even thought about how much I appreciated him being there for me, especially whenever I really needed him. Through thick and thin. Until now..

We had been through so much together, and still I hadn't even noticed his 'crush' on me. Nor his jealousy towards Devon, or hatred more alike. I never expected him to leave, without even saying goodbye.

Trent thought I was soon-to-be-married.

That's why he left.

That's what I kept being told, by friends.

And I couldn't even deny I believed it, too. If you knew Trenton well, you'd know he would give up the 'fight' if he thought I'd be happy. . .I just wish he would have said something. Anything. I'm not sure how he even heard about the proposel, but he hadn't been entirely informed obviously.

What did it matter now, though? He was gone, probably already getting off the plane. 'It' was over, and I could do nothing, it was too late.

. . .Or was it?

Here I am, on a dock, the gloomy weather matching my emotions quite well, I could swear my heart was breaking and was surprised as well. Never had I thought I might not only like Trenton as more then a dear friend, but I think I'm inlove with him. He was the reason Devon meant nothing to me, why I couldn't marry him. Trenton had already stolen my heart. He was gone and it was all my own fault.

Why hadn't I realized all of this before?

I was completely, and totally blind. Yes, I had to have been.

There was ALOT of things we were taught, and lessons we learned, growing up. One, was always believing there was a reason for everything. So I could only hope there's a good reason to this.

It was getting late now, already rather dark from the depressed deep grey and blue sky. I decided it was best to head home, as not to concern my friends too much.

It didn't take more then ten minutes before I was walking through the front door, pulling my key from the lock. Drops still clinging to my hair, it was beyond obvious I had been out in the storm for more then what was necessary to get one place to the next.

"Has he called, or anything at all?" My voice came out faint, keys jingling as they were tossed onto the endtable closes me. I frowned; Graciela shook her head.

"No, Regina" She responded, and to my surprise when I faced her in the kitchen entrance, she was smiling. "He's here." Anthony added, coming out of nowhere it seemed to me. Then again, I can't say I was giving them my full attention to begin with till that was said and both pointed behind me.

I'm very sure my heart stopped for a brief moment. Time itself did, it felt like to me. Trenton Theodoric, with his dirty blonde hair dampened by the rain (his coat had kept him most of the way dry) stood there, dark brown eyes fixed on my blue orbs. I could only stare back, mouth gapped in surprise. Was he really, really here?

He was!

From there folkes, Trent had come back; or technically he hadn't left.

I had my chance to finally tell him everything. Spill my heart and soul out, and that's exactily what I did.

I am Regina Aideen Mae-Theodoric. A Daughter of Lorriane Johnson-Mae, a former Hogwarts Ravenclaw and Scott Mae, your average past jock muggle.

It is offically April 16th, 2071.

It's been six years since that day.

Three years since our wedding.

And five months since we were expecting our twins daughters.