View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 03:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

Credit for Whigalima, Phillip, and Christian goes to Whit (hermy_weasley)

Lorraine, Conner, Nik, Grandma Angelina=Gracie

Easter Sunday

The sun was shy today, as it hid behind fluffy, white clouds. Whenever it felt necessary, the sun would shine down onto the Edwards’ household. The day before, little sky blue house played host to the rain. The air was chilly, but nice enough to force two little girls into dresses.

Samantha Elise Edwards was in no way a girly girl. This particular four year old, would rather sport around in jeans or shorts. One thing she did not like was wearing dresses.

It had taken Silvia Edwards almost a full hour to get her daughter to put the dress on. She didn’t mind that Samantha never wore girly things or that she was going through a phase where she only wanted to be called Sam, (“A boys name, like Benny’s!” her daughter would say.) but today was special. For it was Easter Sunday.

The whole family was supposed to arrive to celebrate any minute. Her mother and both her sisters were going to be here and she wanted to show them how cute her children could be. Her eldest, Benny, was also going to be dressed for the occasion.

After of almost an hour of trying to persuade Samantha to put on the watery colored formal dress, in which she had to ask Benny to help her, she tackled the four year olds’ hair. It was a good thing she had started early because she barely had time for herself to get ready before her sister, Lorraine, and her children arrived.

It turned out that her youngest, Savina Nicole Mae, had given her trouble with having to wear her sunshine yellow dress.

“Same with me. At first I didn’t think Benny was going to do it.” Silvia laughed with her sister.

“Yes but they do look beautiful, don’t they?” Lorraine smiled. Both Samantha and Savina scowled at their mother’s before leaving the kitchen to go outside. Benny, Conner, and Nik followed the girls outside, with glum looks on their faces.

Even though the ground was still moist and mud puddles were seen all over, the five of them would much rather be outside.

“I don’t get why we have to dress up for Easter.” Benny said, loosening his tie slightly.

“Me either. Mum wouldn’t let us leave until both of us had our hair sticking all the way down. Conner had one hair sticking up in the back and it took her fifteen minutes to get it to go down.” Nik said, rolling his eyes to the sky.

“It didn’t go down. It popped back up on the car ride over.” Conner smiled wickedly.

“Mum made me take off my new hat.” Benny frowned. He had gotten a royal blue baseball cap from his grandfather (on his dad’s side). He loved that hat and never took it off.

“That mud puddle looks great for jumping in. Don’t you think?” Conner said, with a gleam in his eye.

Both, Samantha and Savina watched their older brothers with anticipation.

“If Sam and Vannah jump in it first, we can say we were just trying to get them out of the puddle. But we had to go in to get them out.” Benny said. He looked to the two eager looking little girls and smiled. “Do you want to jump in the mud?”

Samantha smiled widely and stepped to the edge of the puddle. Savina followed her younger cousin and smiled up at Conner. The three older boys all held the same mischievous look. Little did they know, they were being watched.

“Benny Michael Edwards! I know you are not thinking what I think you are thinking. All of you come inside. Your Aunt Grace should be here any minute.” Silvia called from the back door. Reluctantly, the five of them turned away from the mud puddle and trudged inside.

Just as the door closed, a voice was heard at the front door. “Hello! We are here.” Grace Whiggmeister said. She walked into the already crammed kitchen, carrying a very juicy looking ham. Behind her were, Phillip, Christian and Whigalima.

Whigalima was wearing a pale pink dress with a matching hat. It all clashed with the little girl’s fiery hair, which were in two pink tails. It seemed that Whigalima didn’t enjoy wearing her formal clothing either.

“Grace!” Silvia and Lorraine both said enthusiastically. They each gave their youngest sister a big hug and said hello to Phillip.

As the adults got reacquainted, Samantha and Savina made their way over to Whigalima.

“Whiggy!” Samantha cried cheerfully.
“Limmy!” Savina shouted with glee.
“Sammy! Vanny!” Whigalima giggled.

The older ones chuckled at the three’s greetings. Everybody turned to look, as somebody opened the backdoor.

“The Easter bunny has been here! Everybody outside. Come quick!” Grandma Angelina said. They all rushed outside and found baskets for every grandkid.

“When I say go, look for the hundred eggs that are placed all around the yard.” Grandma Angelina said. Anticipation crawled all over every child’s glowing face. The adults were all smiles. This was one of their favorite parts of Easter.

“Ready…GO!” As if planned, Benny grabbed Samantha’s little hand, Conner took Savina’s hand and Nik gripped Whigalima’s hand. Impish smiles still plastered on their faces, they ran straight into the huge mud puddle, and took one big jump.

The mother’s all masked the same look of horror but began to laugh as they looked at the six. Soaking wet, and muddy from head to foot, the six were having the time of their lives.

Last edited by MUSTANG SALLY; 03-22-2008 at 05:45 PM.