View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D.A Forever
Dark Force Defense League

DMC & SA
Banshee

x2 x3
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

This follows up on the last two ficlets . Benjamin belongs to Steph, and Finn and Axel belong to Shannon. Mind you, this Angelina Johnson is NOT in anyway, the gryffindor Angelina Johnson. We decided on Angelina because its a very pretty name, and fit the character, and then Johnson is an EXTREMELY common last name. It's just coincidence.

It was Today

It was today. Today was the day; today was her and Benji's wedding. They had been together for two years, it wasn't exactily what you'd call long but this was a boy she had known since the age of five. How long they had been a couple for wasn't important, when they had such a long history of friendship. They loved eachother, and Emmylyne didn't care what anyone said. Yes, they were only eightteen years old, but she knew how she felt and so did Ben. It wasn't as if these decisions had come at random, not even close.

It was not too cool but not too warm day in spring, and everyone was gathering at Angelina Johnson's house for the outdoors wedding. Most of both Emmylyne Mae-Saunders (Soon to be Lawley) and Benjamin Lawley's families and friends had come from wherever they were to attend today. The house was not quiet, not that it had ever been in the past ninety years it had been within their family. The bride had insisted on it being just a warm event with the people they cared about, she didn't want anything to be fancy or proper, she wanted it to be fun; and Benji backed her up one hundred percent.

The ceremony was only about an hour away, and everyone was going mad; that was obvious even with the door shut to the room the girls were getting ready in.

Emmy sat, gazing around; the room they were in, was the room her grandmother Angelina had given especially to her, and Eli, to share during their summer visits when they were only children. So long ago. The room, no the house, held so many memories. More then her own home did, or even school.

Her attention turned, snapping out of thoughts as Elissa knelt on the edge of the bed, using one hand to move her face so she was looking forward, straight at her best friend, whom was also her maid of honor.

"How are you feeling?" Eli asked, a gracious smile playing upon her lips as she brushed over the young woman's cheeks with a blush brush, simply touching up from earlier. Emmylyne was still in her mint-green bathrobes, PJs still on under, but her make-up was finished and her hair only needed one more thing.

"I..I don't know" She admitted, hesitantely. Earth tone eyes following her friend's movement as she put the white rose hair piece in place above her left ear. Now all that was left, was for her to get changed.
Eyebrows raised, and a rather serious expression overcame the happy one that had been seen seconds before. "What do you mean, Ems?" Sorrow shown through amber eyes. "Your not re-thinking this, are you? is Axel apart of these thoughts?" It didn't take a genius to figure that out. She was one of two that knew Ax was inlove with Emmy, and he didn't know she knew; it was whether Emmy had stronger feelings for him, was what she was uncertain about. That was always an iffy thought, since they had hit that age where relationships had started coming into the picture.

The eighteen year old looked thoroughly shocked, and even confused. "NO!" She nearly skrieked. Of course she wasn't considering not going through with the wedding, she loved Benjamin with all her heart. And what did Axel have to do with it? And why did she have that funny feeling in her stomach at the thought? "Why would he be?" She questioned, eying the brunette.

How easy was it to tell a dear friend of thirteen years your suspicions of how she felt about another boy from their inner-circle? "Em..my dearest best friend, you've had a crush on Ax in the past..haven't you?" Elissa was naturally blunt; she also didn't fail to notice Emmy avoiding her gaze, instead she shook her head, no. "Are you sure?" Eli responded, carefully.

"No, I hadn't." Emmy lied. "Not that it matters, we were kids. We're not now, and this is my wedding day to the gentleman I love, El" She added sincerely. Part of her, deep down unvisible to herself, something wasn't right. She did love Ben, no doubt there. But she couldn't push Axel from her mind; Ems chose to believe this was because their group had been put into pairs: Herself and Benjamin, and Elissa and Finn; whom was also Axel's cousin. Which, admittedly, left the young man out, in someway.

Elissa stood, listening as she cleaned up abit, nodding slightly here and there. She wasn't convinced. "Look, Ems. If your not sure, please..don't hurt Ben; I know you care deeply for him, I do too, we've been our own little pack since we started having playdates at this very place..just make sure you follow your heart"

Emmylyne hadn't moved from her sitting spot against the wall, upon her bed. She stared after El, becoming more and more puzzled at what she was implying. "I am sure, Elissa, I'd never want to hurt him in any way, shape or form. I am following my heart, I've waited for this for a long time"

"Then I suggest you get into your dress" Eli said, simply, glancing briefly towards the wall clock as she went to leave the room. "It's almost time."

Elissa was careful not to step on the bottom of her pink, strapless, dress. Lifting it only high enough to see her elegant high heels; there was two problems with this, A) she didn't like how pink clothing looked on her. And, B) she didn't care to wear high heels either. The dress was purely annoying her though, the only reason Emmy had gotten her into it, was because they had already taken eight hours on finding the perfect wedding dress, she didn't want to add another five onto that for arguing about the bridesmaid dresses.

Thankfully downstairs wasn't very crowded, at all, most of the many guests and family members were outside, where the exchanging of vows would take place. Eli frowned, turning sharply at the end of the stairs towards voices. Not very happy voices.

Sure enough she was nearing a scene she didn't like. Finn was telling Axel he couldn't leave, questions would be asked and feelings would be hurt if he up and left; he was one of Ben's best men.

"Why don't you get it? I can't stay, Finn!" Axel responded, in a low tone and pulled his arm from his cousin's grip. It was extremely unnatural for them not to be getting along, but things were intense at the moment. As Ax took a step towards the door, El held tight to the oak, dragon-heart-string, wand that stayed hidden behind her arm.

Stepping towards the two young men, both of seventeen going on eighteen years old, anger rised within her. "Try leaving and I'll take my chances with there being muggles around" Elissa warned, quietly. Her voice held a serious tone, showing she wasn't kidding in the least. "Why are you trying to leave, Axel?"

Sea green eyes turned on the fierce brunette, giving her a look as if pleading for her to drop it and let him leave, like he needed to more then ever, but unfortunately there was no chance of either Finnegan or Elissa cooperating. "I can't stay and I need you both to understand that; I can't sit and watch the woman I love get married to my best friend" Finally, he had said it. There.

"O-Oh" She had known, or had her feelings, but Eli was at a loss of how to react or what to say. Inhailing deeply, she allowed her amber eyes to meet Finn's twilight blue ones, hoping he wouldn't try to stop what would happen next but let it go; it was done. "Go, before Emmy comes down or Benji comes in." She nodded towards the door, repeating herself after the slightly puzzled look "Ax, go,..we can't stop you" She sighed. It was Today, Today that their five-person friendship began to break.