View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Phoenix 8390
Gryffindor
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander James Wright
First Year
Elder Quad

All characters in this ficlet are mine Those mentioned(Ben, Emmy, Elissa, and Chloe) are those of Steph, Gracie, and myself, again Enjoy!

Not Today.

Not today, was the thought going through Axel’s mind as Benjamin sat in front of him and told him his plan to marry Emmylyne. First of all, he had woken him up, and second of all, he was going to ask the one person in the entire world that he couldn’t live without. Yet, like the good friend he was, he had stepped aside. He knew that Benji was in love with Emmy. It wasn’t like he was blind. But coming to him on the day it was going to happen? He couldn’t take that. He tried his best to stay positive, but inside his heart was breaking into thousands of little pieces and he felt helpless because he could do nothing to fix it.

Once Ben left the seventeen year old flopped back down on the couch and sighed, placing his hands over his face. How could this have happened? You idiot! You sat back and did NOTHING while he pursued her! Is that what you wanted? I think not! She’s gonna say yes, there’s no doubt about that. Hell, I’d say yes to Benji. What the hell are you gonna do?! He shook his head, messing up his already muddled brown hair. There’s nothing you can do. Let it happen. It’s over. You have to come to peace with it.

How was he supposed to come to peace with something as huge as this? The woman he had been in love with since the moment he layed his eyes on her was getting married to none other than his best friend. This was probably the worst situation you could have gotten yourself into. Nice job, idiot. You make me sick. Now he couldn’t stay still. Ben said it was nine, right? He might as well get on with his life. But wait, how could he if the weight of this was holding him down, holding his heart down?

It was nine, right? Both parents were at work and both Valencia and Dusty were at school. Thankfully, he had graduated. No more school. No more being with Ben and Emmy every day. Wait. Those were his best friends! How could he not see them every day?! He needed to talk to someone, badly. He needed someone that wasn’t Emmy or Ben. He needed-

“Wha’ the hell man, ya look terrible.” His cousin Finnegan barged into his house and was now sitting on the chair across from the couch Axel was residing on. Seeing the look on his cousin’s face, Finn cocked his head to the side as his twilight blue eyes studied his face. “You’re really white. I take it ya ‘eard?” he asked quietly, placing a sympathetic hand on Axel’s shoulder.

Axel nodded, sitting up on the couch. Finn immediately took the spot his legs vacated only seconds ago and placed a loving arm around him. “Yeah, I’ve heard,” Axel said hoarsely, placing his elbows on his knees and dropping his face into his hands. “Benji came to me first…to tell me…first.” He could barely get any words out he was so distraught. How could this be happening? This was ridiculous. He let it go on way too long. But there was nothing he could do to fix it.

Finn hated to see his cousin like this. He had never seen him so…depressed. He could say nothing, because nothing would make this situation better. The woman he loved was marrying someone else, and it was to his best friend. That only made matters worse. If it had been anyone else, Finn would have told him to stop everything and tell Emmy how he really felt. But he knew that Axel would never do that to his best mate. That would completely ruin their friendship.

“I came as soon as I ‘eard. I figured ya’d be pretty upset,” Finn said quietly. Axel looked up at him and scrunched up his face. “Yeah I can smell you. Did you just come from Football camp?” he asked, looking at the Gaelic Football warm ups his cousin was wearing. Finn chuckled lightly, pointing at his clothes. “Unfortunately yes, but I thought at a time like this ya wouldn’t mind.” Axel nodded, patting Finn on the knee. He probably was the best cousin Axel could ever ask for. And he needed him more now than ever before. And that’s when his decision was made.

“I gotta go to work. I can’t just mope around here for days at a time. I’ve gotta get on with my life. It’s gonna happen. She’s gonna say yes and I can’t do anything. I have to…distance myself or I’ll explode. I can’t…see them together, married. It’s too much. I can’t take it Finn. I can’t take it. I’m going to work. I’m coming over later. Tell Chloe I need to talk to her, she’s good with stuff like this.” By the time Axel finished, he was pacing in front of Finn with his hands in his hair.

Axel grabbed his keys, gave his cousin a hug, and was out the door. Finn sighed and ran his fingers through his own pitch black hair as he stood. He needed to get back to practice or he’d surely get in trouble. Taking one last glance at a picture frame that held the five of them(Axel, Ben, himself, Emmy, and Elissa) in it on the side table, Finnegan made his way to the front door.

“You’re so blind Ben. How did you not know he was in love with her? Why today? Not today.”

Last edited by Phoenix 8390; 07-27-2008 at 05:11 AM.