View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Default Today?
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

Credit:

Mae family (Savannah, Conner, Regina, Emmylyne, Nik, Grandma Angelina)=Gracie
Axel=Shan

Today?

“Today is the day.” Were the first words to cross Benjamin Lawley’s mind as he woke a bight and sunny morning. He couldn’t wipe the grin off his face to save his life. Today was the day he was going to ask Emmylyne to be his wife.

But as soon as sat at his empty table, eating a plate of toast, his spirit began to decrease. What if she said no? What if he was going to fast? Would he perhaps scare her away from him if he asks?

“I need Axel.” Ben mumbled to himself. Without another thought he apparated into his Mate’s house.

“Axel?” Ben called thought out the house. He walked slowly into the living room. Finding him fast asleep on the couch, Benji began to shake him.

“Ax! Wake up Mate.” He said. One sea green eye peaked open and looked up at him. It then closed and the owner of the sea green eye let out a wide yawn.

“Benji? Haven’t you heard of knocking?” Axel said, sitting up on the sofa. He wasn’t mad, but Ben could tell he was beat. Pre-Auror training was really tiring him out.

“Yeah I’ve heard of it. But I don’t practice that form of art.” Benjamin said sarcastically. Axel grinned up at him, shaking his head lightly.

“So what brings you here this early in the morning?” Axel asked.

“Its not early. Its only nine.”

“Its pretty damn early if you go to bed at six in the morning.” Axel retorted.

Benji chuckled and padded his old friend on the back. “Ok. I’m sorry for waking you, but I need help.”

“With what?”

“I’m going to ask Emmy to marry me today.” Ben grinned widely.

“Today?” Axel asked, suddenly wide-awake.

“Yeah. But-“

“You already have a ring?”

“Yeah. What-“

“You’re ready to get married?”

“Well I thought I was. You don’t think I am ready?” Ben asked slowly.

“No. I didn’t mean it that way. Congratulations Mate.” Axel said, replacing his anxious look with a smile.

“Thanks Ax. But I haven’t done it yet.” Ben smiled.

He couldn’t help but think something was wrong with Axel. Why did it seem like Axel was jealous or something? Was it maybe because he was going to be married before him? Or could it be that Axel wasn’t with anybody right now? What if it was the thought that they wouldn’t be as close after he was married? Maybe Ben was just being paranoid. Axel looked happy now.

“I don’t know. I was all excited this morning, but now…”

“Whats the matter?”

“What if she says no?” Ben asked him. He looked at Axel, worry in his chocolate brown eyes.

“She won’t. Emmy loves you Benji.” Axel said sincerely. The words sank in and Benjamin nodded.

“Thanks Mate.” He said and stood. “Wish me luck.” He said and began for the door.

A few hours later, Benjamin walked up Grandma Angelina’s steps. Well technically, she wasn’t really his grandma, but he had grown into the habit of calling her that along with the rest of his friends. Nobody was home at he Mae’s house, so he figured he would find her here. He knocked on the door twice and waited. After a couple of seconds, an elderly woman answered the door with a bright smile.

“Hello Benjamin.” Grandma Angelina greeted him.

“Hi. Is Emmy here?” he asked.

But before she could answer, a tiny face with ocean blue eyes came to the door.

“Well good morning Savanna. Did Benjamin wake you?”

“Yes.” The newly turned ten years old answered.

Benji chuckled and bent down to her level. “I’m sorry for waking you too Vannah Banana.” She giggled at the nickname as another face popped in the doorway.

“Con!” she squealed and jumped onto his back. Conner Mae chuckled and let his little sister jump on him.

“Come in Benjamin. Emmylyne is in the kitchen. She is helping me with breakfast.” Grandma Angelina said, ushering everybody back into the house.

They all entered the kitchen where Emmy was mixing pancake mix in a big blue bowl. When she saw that it was Ben who had been at the door, the seventeen year old smiled.

“I didn’t know you were coming. I would of at least brushed my hair.” Emmylyne said, a little embarrassed. She was still in pale blue pajamas and her hair was in a messy bun. But she still looked more beautiful that ever.

“You look lovely.” Benji said and kissed her hello on the cheek.

“Thanks Ben.” She said with a smile that resembled her Grandmother’s.

Benjamin had planned to take Emmy out for the entire day. He wanted to do something special with her. Then pop the question at night. When the stars were shining and the moon was bright. But now as Nik and Regina entered the kitchen, he knew he couldn’t take her out of this house. She was with her family and her knew family time was important to her.

After breakfast, Benji found himself under his favorite tree as a kid with Regina and Emmy. He knew Axel, Finn, Elissa, and Emmy all had a soft spot for this tree as well. The boys were playing soccer with Savannah. Squeals of laughter escaped the ten-year-old lips, every time she would steal the ball from one of her brothers. Both Conner and Nik would laugh along with the excited little girl.

As she kicked the ball extra hard, it flew toward the three of them. Regina screamed and dived out of the way.

“Vannah!” Regina said, placing her hands on her hips.

“Sorry.” Savannah said with an angelic smile. Conner and Nik were laughing hard in the background. Regina rolled her eyes at her brothers and picked up the soccer ball. She then handed it back to her little sister.

“Play?” Savannah asked with hope in her ocean blue eyes.

“I don’t want to play.” Regina said.

“Play!” Savannah said, grabbing her hand and pulling her back toward her brothers.

“Fine!” Regina chuckled, letting her pull her into the game.

Ben watched the siblings with joy. They were so caring to each other. Love showed in every one of their eyes. He hoped when he has kids someday, they would be like them.

Next to him, Emmylyne squeezed his hand. He turned and looked into her earth tone eyes. He didn’t think it was possible, but he loved her even more. Just by looking into here eyes.

“Emmylyne, will you marry me?” Benjamin asked, love and hope coating his eyes.

The question took Emmy by surprise. “Marry you?”

“Yes. Marry me.” He said, beginning to panic.

Of course I will marry you Benji!” she said excitedly and hugged him tightly.

“You will?” he asked.

“Yes!” she chuckled and kissed him sweetly on the lips.

Euphoria burst through every fiber of his body, as the words sank in. She said yes! She is going to be his wife!

“Emmy, I love you.” He said and pulled the ring from out his pocket. It wasn’t much (he just graduated after all) but he hoped she would like it. It was a silver gold band with a small, but very elegant diamond in the middle. He took her left hand and placed it on her ring finger.

“Oh Benji! Its beautiful.” She said looking at it. Benjamin smiled. This was one reason why he loved her. She didn’t care about size. She only cared about thought. He was the luckiest man on earth right now.

Today really was the day.