View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
CaityCrucio
Ravenclaw
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elphie-Glinda Thropp
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Chapter One - The Dark Lord Ascending
This chapter was a good opening as it showed what the death eaters get up to and how they are treated by Voldemort. I think it is a good opening for the book because it introduces what happens without you realising that it will have relevance to the rest of the book. 7/10

Chapter Two - In Memoriam
I thought this was an amazing chapter. It explained alot about Dumbledore that we didn't know before. And because he had died we just though he would be like the rest of the characters who died and not have much relevance to the reast of the books. I learnt alot in this chapter 10/10

Chapter Three - The Dursleys Departing
This chapter was well written. I loved the end where Dudley expressed his feelings for Harry, I thought that was really sweet yet very unexpected. It shows how Vernon Dursley is really a bad character, but Dudley is the opposite. Although it could have had more detail into how Petunia felt about the situation, overall I thought the chapter was good. 8/10

Chapter Four - The Seven Potters
This chapter was really exciting because normally in a Harry Potter book the excitment just increases and something big happens at the end, but this chapter gives the reader a kick at the begining to make them really intregued and very sad that Hedwig died. I think she created Harrys emotion about this very well becasue Hedwig was his one conection to the wizarding world while he was with the Dursleys. 10/10

Chapter Five - Fallen Warrior
This chapter was really intreguing and made you really worry about what had happened to all the characters as they didnt return at once. And with at the begining of the chapter you think that Hagrid is dead and you panic. Aslo the loss of Georges ear is quite exciting acctually. Aslo the shok of loosing Mad-Eye is extreme because I always imagined him as a big strong fighter who would never die. 10/10

Chapter Six - The Ghoul In Pyjamas
This chapter was well written. JKR really expressed how the characters felt the same way I did about Mad-Eye. The preporations for the wedding are quite good. 7/10

I Cba to write anymore.
Overall I thought the book was AMAZING and a great finish to the series.I give the book 10/10!
CaityCrucio is offline   Reply With Quote