View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
lemondrop13
Ministry
Ravenclaw

DMAC
Hippogriff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane W. Fordyce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Macadrian Shackleton-Clark
Accidents & Catastrophes
Cheesy Mac

Professor Shackleton glanced at her watch and then at the students in her classroom. Convinced that the number of students was sufficient to run the review, Professor Shackleton stood up from her chair and walked around to the front of her desk. She introduced herself, "Hello there. My name is Professor Macadrian Shackleton and I am your Arithmancy teacher. This session was established so that we may quickly review the topics from last term that will be imperative for you to know in order to achieve success in my class this term. For those students who are new to Arithmancy, this session may move a bit quickly. If at any time you find yourself confused or getting behind, please let me know and I will try to clarify. There is also the option to visit with me in my office and I will gladly go over any topics with which you need help and I'll even supply hot cocoa."

Macadrian smiled with a nod and raised eyebrows as if to say 'Oh yes, it's true' and continued, "Now, I have put a list of the topics to be covered today on the board. We will go over each of these topics one by one until we finish them all. To do so, you will need your textbooks and a quill, but you will not need parchment. Those students who took my class last year will be quite familiar with this method of mine. Each of you will receive a journal in which I would like you to take all your notes and complete all your homework. I will be grading them periodically throughout the term and you will receive your grades on their very pages. This journal will travel with you throughout your time at Hogwarts, only to be used for Arithmancy! It will be a wonderful asset during your time in school and afterward. Students from last year, you may use parchment today because you already have this material in your journals, but be sure to bring your journals with you to the next lesson." With a flick of her wand, Professor Shackleton distributed a journal to each new student. She then added, "Oh and by the way, feel free to decorate them anyway you like! Are there any questions before we begin the review?"