View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

After reading the DH, I must say I am surprised but pleased with the last book. I secretly was hoping that the trio would return to Hogwarts, but I am glad they did not. Running around in the wilderness made the whole wizarding war seem more real. There were quite a few minor characters killed off, but that is how it is during war. I am quite glad that JK wasn't afraid to show this to kids. Sorry, but it's the truth that people die in war.

As for the deaths, here is how I felt about them:
--Hedwig: Shocking and quite a brutal death for the poor bird, but she had met her in the series. Harry couldn't take her with where he was going.
--Mad-Eye: I expected it. He was a great threat to the DE. I was mildly insulted when Umbridge took his eye, though.
--Scrimegeour: At least he tried to redeem himself slightly before dying
--Crabbe: Wow, talk about going completely psycho!
--Remus: I expected it, but it didn't make accepting it any easier
--Tonks: Wh-what? I was so sad when Tonks died! Yes, she died with her husband, but poor Teddy...I was hoping that one of them would have been responsible and stayed behind to protect him
--Fred: The only death that I cried for. He was my favorite Weasley, aside from Ron, and I was especially sad to see him go. I would thought that Bill or someone went before him...he was even still smiling!
--Snape: I also expected this, but I thought he would die saving Harry, not brutally crushed and bitten by Nagini
--Dobby: I almost cried for him. Loyal to Harry even in his final words

Parts that I thought were especially good:
--I liked the Epilogue, although it could have been a little longer, if you ask me.
--R/HR! I loved the little hints throughout the book, from the simple things like hugging each other to the kiss scene.
--The whole final climatic battle at Hogwarts was great and a perfect way to end things
--The DH storyline about the 3 brothers. Confusing at times, but made sense.
--Luna and her father's house reminded me of something out of a Dr. Seuss book. I started to tear up when I read the part with the pictures in Luna's room of her friends.

Thing that shocked me:
--Harry being a Horcrux. I know lots of people predicted it, but I never felt it could be a plausible explanation. Guess I was wrong

All in all, I give the book 9/10. A great ending to one of the greatest book series of all time!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote