View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
DontCallMeNymphadora

Teddy's Founder
Tonks' Best Friend

Chic Chocolat
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Erin Harley
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ry Taylor

Well, my message deleted itself before I could post it, so I'll have to make a new one *sigh*. So, a chapter-by-chapter analysis of Deathly Hallows, by Maddey....

Chapter One

Forget caring about Charity Burbage, I fell off my seat when it was announced that Remus and Tonks were now married. Still, after hearing that, I decided that I better had listen to what the Death Eaters were talking about (I tuned in at midnight). So, Yaxley scared me, I wanted to kill Snape and I hated Lucius. I felt sorry for Draco, however, because you could tell he wasn't too happy about what was going on. He wasn't mentioned too much in this book, which I was really surprised about. Lord Voldemort's words at the end of the chapter chilled me completely, and the snake reeeally freaks me out.
Chapter Two
We see Harry unpacking his trunk for the first time in six years, and taking out things with great importance. I thought it was touching how he kept the locket, as a reminder of what had happened. I thought it was really sad how Sirus' mirror was no longer useful, and that all it had done was hurt Harry, but that was probably why JK Rowling wrote it in. We read a memorial for Dumbledore by Order member, Elphias Doge, and an article on Rita Skeeter's offensive new biography of Dumbledore, The Life and Lies. The ending was really sad, telling us that Harry knew he would never see Dumbledore's eyes again.
Chapter Three
What's this? Vernon Dursley saying "Please"? Dudley admitting that he didn't think Harry was a waste of space? Well, our last encounter with the Dursleys is certainly an interesting one. We also get to know Hestia Jones and Dedalus Diggle a bit better. Aunt Petunia was enfuriating, as usual, but we never have to put up with her again so who cares? And Dudley and Petunia said goodbye! And in Dudley's case, it was as though they were, dare I say it, friends!
Chapter Four
The title made me wonder about Harry's family, but it turned out that it wasn't. We see Harry reminiscing about the cupboard under the stairs, which holds many (not-so) fond memories for him. We have many Order members come to greet Harry, aswell as Ron and Hermione. I squeed like the fangirl I am when Tonks showed Harry her wedding ring. Harry's reaction to being asked to pull out his hair was understandable, but he didn't have to be so protective. Ron's reaction when he found out he was with Tonks was priceless, and so was the guilty look he gave Lupin about holding Tonks' waist. This could easily be one of my favourite chapters. But Hedwig's rather pointless death seemed to make it go down in my opinion.
Chapter Five
We finally meet the two people who gave my favourite character life (well, if they were real, they would have ). Ted Tonks seemed exactly as I had imagined him, and I love the nickname he gives his daughter (Dora). It suits her so well! And Harry thinking that Andromeda was Bellatrix! The parents have exactly the sort of reaction towards their daughter that many parents do - protective and caring. So, some shocking happenings - George lost an ear (he was feeling like a Saint), Remus was very ferocious, Remus and Tonks had a romantic (or not so) reunion, Hermionie and Ron actually did have a romantic reunion, Remus was really unfair to Tonks, especially since she's gonna....whoops! And we find out that Mad-Eye died *NOOOOOOO!*
Chapter Six
Interrogation time, courtesy of Molly Weasley. I felt quite angry at her, but I've been getting angry at everybody who's been nasty to either Harry or Tonks. I wish there had been a funeral for Moody, because I wish they could have said goodbye. Hermione was right, I doubt anyone ever imagined Mad-Eye being killed. I really felt for poor Hermy when she was talking about her parents not knowing they ever had a daughter. And Ron's idea was legendary! Plus, we meet Monsieur and Madame Delacour, whom I have NOT taken a shine to.
Chapter Seven
I think this chapter was rather boring, even though plenty happened in it. We hear of Gregorovitch. The trio don't know this, but Gregorovitch is a wand maker, possibly Bulgarian. He made Viktor Krum's wand. It's Harry's seventeenth birthday, meaning he is now of age. Ginny gives Harry an intimate birthday present, meaning she snogs him. Ron seems to think that Harry is messing Ginny around (so I get mad at Ron for a while *grr*). And why, when he has such an apparently radiant girlfriend *sorry, wife* *squee*, does Remus look so unhappy? Plus, we find out what Harry, Ron and Hermione were left in the Will of Albus Dumbledore. I just thought it was a sweet gesture of Dumbledore's that Harry got the Golden Snitch. And Scrimgeour gets aaaaangry.
Chapter Eight
It's wedding time! Cousin Barny makes his appearance, even though we've known him since the first book (He's Harry, FYI ). Fred and George attempt to hit on a pair of Veela, while we meet Xenophilius Lovegood, father of our favourite quirky Luna. While the pair get excited over being bitten by gnomes, Harry receives an apology from Tonks about hers and Remus' sudden disappearance the night before. We see Grindlewald's symbol, and Auntie Muriel is just plain irritating. And Bill and Fleur marry! *aww, sweet*. People dance, before Kingsley's lynx Patronus announces that Scrimgeour is dead and the Death Eaters are on their way.
Chapter Nine
Well, as people start to realise that the Death Eaters are coming, the Trio attempt to stick together. While Lupin and Tonks attempt to shield the place, the three Apparate to Tottenham Court Road. The workmen who had been eyeing up Hermione reveal that they are actually Death Eaters, Thorfinn Rowle and Antonin Dolohov. They defeat them and arrive at Number 12, Grimmauld Place. Mr Weasley informs them that the family are safe, but not to reply. Note - Arthur Weasley's Patronus is a Weasel!
Chapter Ten
Harry goes in Sirius Black's old bedroom, which is like that of many normal teenagers. There are Gryffindor banners, however, and moving pictures. As there is in normal teenage boys bedrooms, there are pictures of bikini wearing Muggle girls, unmoving. There is also a picture of Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs back in their Hogwarts days. Harry also finds a letter written from Lily Potter to Sirius, thanking him for Harry's toy broom for his first birthday. Plus, we find out who R.A.B truly is, and many guessers the world over are right, it was Regulus Black. But his middle name is not Alphard, as we first thought, but Arcturus. We find out that Kreacher was the Dark Lord's elf at one point, used to drink the potion on the same island that Dumbledore weakened himself with. Harry gives Kreacher the fake Horcrux locket.
Chapter Eleven
Remus Lupin turns up at Grimmauld Place. Harry, Ron and Hermione aim their wands at him, but he assures them that he is Remus, by telling them about the Marauder's Map, Harry's Patronus and the fact that he is married to Tonks. Harry realises that Scrimgeour's final act had been to protect him. They also find out that Harry is wanted for questioning over Dumbledore's death. Pius Thicknesse, the Imperiused Ministry worker, has become Minister. It is also revealed that Muggle Borns are wanted for questioning over "stealing" magic. When Lupin says he's going to help the Trio, Hermione asks about Tonks, which changes Lupin's voice, it is now cold and harsh. When asked if everything is alright, Remus reveals that Tonks is pregnant with his baby, but isn't too happy. He doesn't want to have a son or daughter who is ashamed of him. Remus leaves in a bad mood, revealing he wants to leave Tonks because he made a mistake by marrying her.

Okay, so a C-by-C is NOT going to be quick to either read or write, so I'll cover the main points, starting with my happy bits -

- The revelation that Tonks and Remus are now officially and canonically married!
- Bill and Fleur's wedding
- Ginny's birthday present for Harry *wolf-whistle*
- The very best IMO - Tonks had a baby!!!!!!

Sad bits -
- Err...HELLO? LUPIN AND TONKS DIEEED!
- Fred's death
- What I thought was Harry's death
- Harry meeting up with the dead Marauders (just because I cried at Remus' reaction to knowing he'll never see his son grow up)

The book was full of twists, turns, surprises and over fifty deaths, but the best ending to the best series anyone could have hoped for.
This book gets ten out of ten, and I just want to say - thank you so much, J.K Rowling. Without you (and your missing pen), we would never have made such fantastic friends, I wouldn't be able to read as well and we would have nothing to do.
Than you so much.

Last edited by DontCallMeNymphadora; 07-22-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Finishing my review! *in the distance* WHY, TONKS AND LUPIN, WHYYYY?
DontCallMeNymphadora is offline   Reply With Quote