View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 05:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

A soft breeze blew over the little lake, as the birds sang and fluttered about in the late afternoon sun. Ginny sat, her back to a fallen log, her eyes on the sky. She had her legs up and on them was sat her diary, beside her an open inkbottle, and a picture that served as her bookmarker. She was writing:

Dear Diary,

It’s still early in the summer, and things are looking beautiful. It’s nice really, since the past two weeks were nothing but rains and having to help Mum in the garden and with spring-cleaning. As if it wasn’t chore enough Fred and George got up to their pranks and —

She stopped to laugh as she remembered. The twins were being such prats to their mother, and they were not helping at all. If nothing else their pranking was making the unpleasant task take even longer but she did not mind them. It was funny watching Ron get so upset at Fred and George.

— well it took three times as long to get the house cleaning done. Ron was so upset at the twins that at one point he ran out screaming into the yard. He looked so funny angry, and covered in purple paint. He was going on about the twins. I didn’t…I didn’t have the heart to tell him it had been me who’d put the exploding color bomb in his laundry. His sheets are all covered in purple splotches too, Mum would kill me if she knew, and the twins are always in trouble anyways. They didn’t seem to mind making her believe it was them what did it. Of course now I owe them a favor. I’m sure I’ll live to regret it.

Bill’s coming home, I can’t wait to see him, it seems like forever since he’s been here, and he doesn’t write me near as often as before because he’s so busy with work. Charlie is coming too, just for a visit, so Mum is very happy.

She sighed then, dipped her quill in the inkpot and put quill feather to book parchment.

Percy won’t leave though. Always busy with his Ministry duties. It’s beyond annoying. He’s always going on about some business or other that’s very important to this minister or that one. You’d think the whole ruddy world would fall apart if he didn’t get his brooms in order. He’s insufferable honestly, and Mum’s always warning us to stay out of his way, but the twins just won’t leave him be.

Hermione’s coming to stay as well. It’ll be so nice to see her again…

She sighed in a wholly different way than before, and glanced at her bookmark, where a red-haired boy, and his best mate were walking, they suddenly turned surprised, there was a flash and they started rubbing their eyes before complaining. Colin had caught Ron and Harry by surprise in that picture. She proceeded to write:

…And so is Harry.

She sighed quietly at that thought. Harry was coming to stay at the Burrow again. Maybe this time she could get as far as saying, “How are you?” it just seemed as if she never could get past, “Hello” with him. She couldn’t help it. He made her feel all funny inside, the silly little boy whom she’d seen running and playing with her brothers.

But there was more than that to Harry Potter. He had saved her and proven to be the hero that she had grown up all her life hearing about. He really was a knight. He’d looked so valiant, sword drawn looking over her as he was bleeding from the basilisk’s wound, there dying from having saved her. Harry had almost died for her. If she had not been in love with him before … but instead in that instant her love for him had been cemented forever.

There was an explosion suddenly and the sound of glass shattering, she turned in time to see a cauldron flying out of Percy’s room, and her mother running out of the door of the house. The twins were at it again, no doubt.