View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Backslash
Ghost of the past
Detective Conan
Ramora

Graduated

"Three points to Serilda and Christi for pointing out that this rune is Nauthiz and for their description if its properties. This rune has the meanings of need, constraint and even, in extremis, misery. Some authorities read this as a fate-rune and equate it with the Nornir, or Fates, or Norse myth. It had the power of providing help when scratched upon a fingernail, and its meaning thus vacillates between assistance and the need to survive.

Now Nauthiz symbolizes hardship, need or adversity, even a combination of the three. It also includes the perseverance to endure and reserves of inner strength, so you could say while it represents hardship, it also represents the strength to overcome that hardship. As Christi mentioned, it has a delaying influence when used with other runes. Nauthiz has the runic number ten, is associated with fire, an emale polarity, the god Skuld and Capricorn."

"Yurio, while your answer is technically correct, that wasn't quite what I was getting at. It's a more simple answer than that, and it has to do with the runic numbers associated with the runes we've learned before, for one..."

Graphics made by: Ameh || I see you there! <3