View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 02:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Waddles

Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"Very good to know," he chuckled as he plopped himself down and got comfortable on the blanket. He did not require an additional blanket to combat the cold, at least not right now, and with the promise of soup on the immediate horizon it was even less likely he would need that. There was some wisdom to be shared here as well, something from his dad about celebrity and not forgetting your more humble beginnings and his earlier days on the Wanderers...but Cooper felt it for the best not to bog things down just yet. No doubt advise giving conversation would be on the horizon soon enough, it was just what friends did.

"You got yourself a deal," he nodded eagerly as he reached over for the container with the bruschetta and peeled off the lid. That left...five or so other containers left still - mum had been overzealous as always due to her adoration to play host and feed people. "Mum went a bit overboard...so you're welcome to take some things back with you we aren't able to finish. I reckon she was influenced by some mild empty nest syndrome." Not entirely empty next since his younger siblings were still at home when they weren't at Hogwarts, but mum and dad had always placed great care in stating that he was their first born. "It's endearing...in a way. Though you'd think I'd moved across the Atlantic and not just from Loch Katrine to London," he added with a modest chuckle.
Mamie got busy with doling out the soup into two bowl-mug hybrids (these were better for holding in your lap on a picnic blanket than a regular bowl). She sprinkled some chopped green onions, that she'd grown herself in a kitchen window, onto each bowl of soup and held one over toward Cooper. "I think it's nice," she said, impressed that his mother had cooked so much, and just for two people. Though she supposed his mother might have thought it was more than two people. "My mother doesn't cook, and Pa...sees us plenty." Her father didn't live in London, but he was just a short train ride or, for her, a quick burst of Apparating, away.

She tilted her head back, examining the sky. "You're pretty busy, though, so maybe it feels like you have moved across the Atlantic." She squinted at a cloud, trying to decide if it was shaped like a dragon or more of a thestral shape. "Do you see them a lot?"