Thread: Memorial Garden
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 11:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Drake would have happily reminded her that they were in fact children. Something that he planned on taking full advantage of until he actually had to start growing up. Though... luckily he had no idea when that particular instance would need to take place. Maybe he'd get lucky and it would be never and he could always enjoy the benefits of being little. Except for discounts, there was a point in which people began to notice.

Gilly's eyebrow raise made sense considering what he was advising could also get them in a lot of trouble. But it also seemed like the most logical way to get magical creatures. Ask forgiveness, not permission right? "Exactly that. I mean... mom is really softhearted towards creatures too. She could say no to the idea but could she say no to the critter?" And puppy dog eyes? Because he was pretty sure between one or the other, the twins were going to get their way. "Let's go do that! I want to scout out a pet! Maybe could do a kneazle! Or... maybe a cruppy is more my energy?"
Had such a reminder been stated aloud, she would have rolled her eyes at him for being so literal with such things. Yes, they were technically children; their size and youthful appearance made that abundantly clear. However, in her mind, Gilly considered herself to be anything but a child. In comparison to others, and some adults even, she was quite mature for her age, an old soul. In her opinion, that was what mattered most, or should have mattered, at the end of the day.

Funnily enough, the possibility of them getting into trouble if they brought a creature of some sort home with them was a thought that vanished just as quickly as it popped into her mind. There wasn't a time when she and her brother got into trouble. Receiving the look and a reprimand here and there, yes, but never anything more extreme than that. She was very aware that they could be hard to say no to. She could be rather persuasive, and Drake had his charm.

"I don't think she'd say no. Though I do think she'd appreciate a conversation before we show up with a critter," Gillyweed replied rationally. "But looking at our options would be a good start. Better to go in as a unified force and have a plan of action." As for getting a kneazle versus a cruppy, she shrugged. "Both have their pros and cons."

Last edited by Zoe; 05-26-2023 at 11:53 PM.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote